Home

Why?... WHY!?!?

This is a discussion on Why?... WHY!?!? within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
Rookie

twthomas's Arena

OVR: 5
Why?... WHY!?!?

I am not trying to bash NBA Live or 2K either one here but why in WORLD can't someone make a basketball game that doesn't allow the defense to have UBER-speed when you get a breakaway or for that matter even a slight edge?

Maybe its just me but this drives me crazy. Is there somehthing I am doing wrong?

My pain is simply that every basketball game I play I see the same thing. I steal the ball at the point, get three steps on the D and before I am half court, I have defenders in front of me. I rebound, throw it quickly to my guard and before I can get to the 3 pt line, 3 or 4 defenders are in the key.

I started thinking my controller is broken and speed burst doesn't work but that is simply not possible since I have experienced this in every game since Lakers vs Celtics back on the PC.

Anyone? Am I imagining this?

Last edited by twthomas; 09-12-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Why?... WHY!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twthomas
I am not trying to bash NBA Live or 2K either one here but why in WORLD can't someone make a basketball game that doesn't allow the defense to have UBER-speed when you get a breakaway or for that matter even a slight edge?

Maybe its just me but this drives me crazy. Is there somehthing I am going wrong?

My pain is simply that every basketball game I play I see the same thing. I steal the ball at the point, get three steps on the D and before I am half court, I have defenders in front of me. I rebound, throw it quickly to my guard and before I can get to the 3 pt line, 3 or 4 defenders are in the key.

I started thinking my controller is broken and speed burst doesn't work but that is simply not possible since I have experienced this in every game since Lakers vs Celtics back on the PC.

Anyone? Am I imagining this?
It's funny that you say this because every fast break I've had in Live the CPU never caught up to me, they were all clean breakaways. Something that I noticed and really like about the game.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
Rookie

twthomas's Arena

OVR: 5

Really? Man I cannot get ahead of the D to safe my A**. I was praying for a different experience but so far (12 games of demo) I see the same thing.

Are you using speed burst as soon as you get the ball?

The only time I have came close was to not hit speed until I am inside the three pt line but even then the D stick to me like glue.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #4
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

i use the sprint button as soon as a lane opens. make sure you have a clear path and your player should speed up. i have gotten a few breakaways with kobe and farmar.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #5
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

I know Kobe is faster than VC but I seriously doubt its to the degree shown in this demo. He has no problem getting in front of a turboing VC, whether he's getting back on D or the ballhandler.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 01:41 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
I know Kobe is faster than VC but I seriously doubt its to the degree shown in this demo. He has no problem getting in front of a turboing VC, whether he's getting back on D or the ballhandler.
he's that much faster.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:39 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

People overrate Kobes speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcH18iA_GDY
Old 09-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefyeggmuck
People overrate Kobes speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcH18iA_GDY
I don't agree with that video.
The Kobe play with Posey, Kobe wasn't even sprinting full speed. Now the one with Camby, I just think Camby can move alot better then people think.

And as for Jordan, now I'm not saying he's faster then Jordan, But the video is comparing a younger Jordan to a seasoned Kobe.

Just my thoughts on the whole Kobe being slow.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »