Home

I don't see what everyone dislikes about Elite

This is a discussion on I don't see what everyone dislikes about Elite within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon5 I don't see what everyone dislikes about Elite

I've lurked here for over a year and joined yesterday because the feedback I see for Elite recently has almost all been negative, and that really confuses me.

Live 10 in my opinion was the best basketball game I've ever played. I was not happy when I read that the now named Elite would change to stick controls, but I've come to accept that since we can change to buttons if we like.

I honestly don't see what everyone dislikes so much about Elite. My big problems with the game last year were lack of offline modes and lack of (consistent) control over what moves I did, and Become Legendary and the sticks have seemingly fixed that.

The graphics could use some of the light from Live 10 but they still are the best graphics in Basketball games.

Every dunk in the magic/heat video looked much improved from the previous videos and the previous game. Post game looks more like the competitions which is what people seemed to have wanted. Rebounding looks better, blocks look better. Something such as it not being realistic for Crawford to jump that high shouldn't ruin a game for you, especially when as those that have complained about it even say you can edit verticals.

This is the first try at something completely new in basketball games. Atleast EA trys something new once in awhile. For the past 2 years they've had very different games, while the competition hasn't changed their basic gameplay since atleast 2005. Give the EA team a break, atleast they do something that isn't just adding modes and "legends" or b-list celebrities.

And hey, Elite is adding three things we've wanted for awhile, ESPN presentation, a new commentary team, and Become Legendary. That and completely changing the way basketball games are played, adding all that in a year is a big accomplishment and has gone a long way to, from what very little I've seen, improve the game.

Sadly for EA, Once the competing game revealed MJ as it's cover athlete, the sales "war" was lost immediately once again to gimmicks. However if the reception online was better as I sincerely think it should be, maybe EA would atleast do better than last year sales wise. I don't want to see them lose hope completely and stop making Live/Elite titles, but if they did I certainly couldn't blame them.

What is it that everyone else seems to be seeing that I don't? We're watching the same videos, seeing the same pictures, and reading the same articles. I know the internet is either completely pessimistic or completely optomistic, did everyone just decide this is something we're opposed to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
NBA Elite Developer

OVR: 23
Re: I don't see what everyone dislikes about Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deefrw
I've lurked here for over a year and joined yesterday because the feedback I see for Elite recently has almost all been negative, and that really confuses me.

Live 10 in my opinion was the best basketball game I've ever played. I was not happy when I read that the now named Elite would change to stick controls, but I've come to accept that since we can change to buttons if we like.

I honestly don't see what everyone dislikes so much about Elite. My big problems with the game last year were lack of offline modes and lack of (consistent) control over what moves I did, and Become Legendary and the sticks have seemingly fixed that.

The graphics could use some of the light from Live 10 but they still are the best graphics in Basketball games.

Every dunk in the magic/heat video looked much improved from the previous videos and the previous game. Post game looks more like the competitions which is what people seemed to have wanted. Rebounding looks better, blocks look better. Something such as it not being realistic for Crawford to jump that high shouldn't ruin a game for you, especially when as those that have complained about it even say you can edit verticals.

This is the first try at something completely new in basketball games. Atleast EA trys something new once in awhile. For the past 2 years they've had very different games, while the competition hasn't changed their basic gameplay since atleast 2005. Give the EA team a break, atleast they do something that isn't just adding modes and "legends" or b-list celebrities.

And hey, Elite is adding three things we've wanted for awhile, ESPN presentation, a new commentary team, and Become Legendary. That and completely changing the way basketball games are played, adding all that in a year is a big accomplishment and has gone a long way to, from what very little I've seen, improve the game.

Sadly for EA, Once the competing game revealed MJ as it's cover athlete, the sales "war" was lost immediately once again to gimmicks. However if the reception online was better as I sincerely think it should be, maybe EA would atleast do better than last year sales wise. I don't want to see them lose hope completely and stop making Live/Elite titles, but if they did I certainly couldn't blame them.

What is it that everyone else seems to be seeing that I don't? We're watching the same videos, seeing the same pictures, and reading the same articles. I know the internet is either completely pessimistic or completely optomistic, did everyone just decide this is something we're opposed to?
Great post.

I know there are a lot more "lurkers" who feel the same way you do. I've received PM's from many saying they love the new direction and can't wait for the demo.

I applaud you for joining the conversation and voicing your opinion
Old 09-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 34

Not everyone hates it.

I like what I see and am looking forward to it.

It just boils down to tastes and preference.

Everyone has their own..some view things with a more critical eye, others dont, and most are somewhere in the middle.

I think a lot of people are viewing the game and are giving it the opportuinity to sell them.

That's perfectly okay..thats what being a consumer is all about.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 28

A game can have all the bells and whistles but if it isn't fun, what is the point? I am looking forward to the Elite demo. That is when I will make my real judgment....
Old 09-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't know about MJ being the cover athlete....i don't really care in that regards.

But to have him in the game with other classic teams is totally awesome IMO. It just adds replay value to the game for me......don't get me wrong today's players and teams are cool but possibility of playing with legends like Jordan, Dominque, Ewing and Isiah is cool as hell.

Also, It's not that a lot of people are hating on Elite or dislike Elite....i think most of them just were expecting greatness or another stepup from Live 10.

Some people will consider it an improvement others will view it as a step backwards. My biggest complaint with Elite is animations.....i've never really gone crazy over graphics, controls, shoes and tatoos. Not that i don't care about those things but i just feel like a game should move/animate more realistic and that is where i'm more down on Elite than anything.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

i agree with playmakers, from what i have seen the game just looks very bland... having said that, i'm still going to try the demo
Old 09-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

I'm sure EA know's the term BOTTOM LINE....and the bottom line is this they really need to LISTEN to their consumers on want they really want...

Not a new gimmick or whatever else...Pull someone from the OS forum real early in production for their input and not a next yr implementation.....

Lastly, practice what you preach "If it's in the game well put it in the damm game"
Old 09-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

So you, being a obvious NBA Live supporter, are asking that people have a optimistic view of NBA Elite? Yet, you have already written off 2k as a gimmick game with no improvements....completely takes the credibility out of your post.

Why arent (most) people seeing what your seeing? b\c they arent waving the flag of either company like you are with EA. People have their opinions. Any one who was here last year knows a large part of out community enjoyed Live 10 and had hopes for Live 11....

You dont need to be a mascot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »