Home

Pro Strategy Football 15 will be on Android!

This is a discussion on Pro Strategy Football 15 will be on Android! within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2015, 02:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pro Strategy Football 15 will be on Android!

After multiple failed attempts at porting to Android, I found a solution that's working out great! It did mean rewriting every single screen, but in the process, I also moved away from a database to in-memory arrays, making it incredibly fast! You can sim a whole season in mere seconds now, if you're so inclined!

I've finished converting all exhibition and single season screens to Android and am now working through the Career screens. Because of a technical issue with cocos2d-x, I won't have text fields in the first Android release, but they expect to have that fixed later this Fall.

Meanwhile, I've put together some screen shots of the new playcalling options, would appreciate feedback whether it's worth continuing with that track.

I'll post those shortly.

Porting to Android has been my primary focus, and it's taken a lot longer than I'd hoped. I still have lots of plans for PSF 15 and PSF Career 15, but it may mean a few incremental patches rather than having everything ready up front.

I've already added the infrastructure, just haven't had to complete them yet. In the works:
- 2015 rosters
- edit player names (won't be on Android until the text field issue is resolve)
- gather and show stats and leaders for defensive and special team players
- new playcalling approach if enough people would like to see if finished
- show many more players on season leaders and career leaders
- still wanting to add iCloud backup!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2015, 03:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Pro Strategy Football 15 will be on Android!

One of the things I've been testing out was an idea from a friend of mine. We talked about it a bit, and I decided to try to throw something together to see whether there would be interest. All the screens here work, but the design still needs some work.

In this approach, you see the whole football diagram, and you tap any pulsing player on the diagram to act. Tap any man to give him the ball, maybe change his pass route or send him in motion. Tap the clock to bring up the clock management screen. Tap the Coach icon to ask for advice or have him suggest a play. Tap the QB to change the formation or play.

Of course, Casual Play will still be simpler and intuitive.

In this first image, I've tapped the Coach icon to bring up his menu:

Next, I tap the QB, where I have various options:

If I tap the TE, I can set him to stay in and block, change his pattern, etc. For flankers, you can send one in motion.

Tapping the Clock icon brings up the Clock Management menu:

On Defense, you can set your formation, your focus, blitz any LB or your Free Safety, etc.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:42 AM   #3
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

yay Android!

That in-depth playcalling looks really neat.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:17 AM   #4
Just started!

World of Soccer online is a multiplayer online soccer game. Unlike other similar soccer games, the user controls a single player instead of an entire team. You can join different teams and compete in matches against other teams and in league or you can just have a practice match online.

KEY FEATURES:
-Online multiplayer soccer-Control just one player-Fast paced arcade soccer-Create or join to team-Compete in league
Wi-Fi highly recommended

This wonderful game has been released just couple of days ago.
World of Soccer online is a multiplayer online soccer game. Unlike other similar soccer games, the user controls a single player instead of an entire team. You can join different teams and compete in matches against other teams and in league or you can just have a practice match online.

KEY FEATURES:
-Online multiplayer soccer
-Control just one player
-Fast paced arcade soccer
-Create or join to team
-Compete in league

Wi-Fi highly recommended

The game is available on iOs and Android

This game is somehow similar to famous sensible soccer, but the unique part is that you can control single player.
The game is new so there are not so many players online but it is possible to play vs bots (which are quite smart).
It runs very well even from my weak Wi-fi
I like this game very much cause it is really cool to control only single player , you can create a team of your friends and discuss your tactics and game plan to have fun and win matches.) I hope you enopy it.

some images from the game

Old 08-03-2015, 11:53 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

When will PSF 15 be ready for the Android?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 11:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
When will PSF 15 be ready for the Android?
I'm afraid I won't have it ready for September 1st, but I fully expect to have Psf Career on Android in mid to late September. I won't be able to get remote multiplayer in PSF 15 for Android for a while, so I'm looking at what to do there. After they're released, though, I always provide free minor updates for the current version, and I'll be adding more features in those updates throughout the Fall.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:09 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStrategyFootball
I'm afraid I won't have it ready for September 1st, but I fully expect to have Psf Career on Android in mid to late September. I won't be able to get remote multiplayer in PSF 15 for Android for a while, so I'm looking at what to do there. After they're released, though, I always provide free minor updates for the current version, and I'll be adding more features in those updates throughout the Fall.
Local multi player?
Old 08-07-2015, 06:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Local multi player?
That's a great question. The original Career play didn't have any Exhibition play but each week, when your team's game is up, you can sim it or coach it. If you coach, you can coach against another person. Is that what you're asking, or more along the lines of selecting any two teams in an exhibition match?

thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »