Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   ESPN Info! (/forums/showthread.php?t=88064)

jaywv30 07-19-2004 01:59 AM

Re: ESPN Info!

Hockey info is starting to pick up a little so I think that we will get some NBA info pretty soon.

Admiral50 07-19-2004 02:50 AM

You may not be lying, but your source is spinning the s#it. Just remember the fool who lied here last year about having played the game and all the realistic sounding stuff he said. Rumours from the biggest names like IGN and Gamespot are usually worth jack, so I certainly won't believe an inch of this.

ai2k2 07-20-2004 03:25 AM

yo Uwlawyer you should get confermation with one of the Mods so we can at least know who you work for and if your info can be put in consideration as being legit!

After I looked at NBA 2k1's feature list and saw that Allen Iverson, Brian Grant, and Bo outlaw did the mo-cap i got excited knowing that AI, Jermaine O'neal, and Jamaal Mag may do the motion capturing for NBA 2k5 making me think, maybe VC will make it like 2k1 and 2k2 but for next gen consoles! Plus the moves and dunk in NBA 2k1 and 2k2 were very realistic, it was the first time ina a videogame where I dunked with Baron Davis and said "yeah, that looks just like b-diddy" but since the move to the next gen console (or the change of Project Manager, going from Ashif Chaudri to Derrick Aynaga) we haven't been getting a complete product, just a graphical upgrade every year (if you want to get technical).

P.S sorry for putting Derrick A. on blast but this the truth and I'm a huge 2k fan (not fanboy i like live just not more than 2k) and he needs to step it up. (why did Ashif go to do the NFL 2k series after NBA 2k2 for dreamcast anyway, he was doing a great job leading the soldiers who worked on the NBA games from NBA 2k-2k2..... ) Little info most of you "2k fans" did know!

GSW 07-25-2004 11:58 AM

uw.. stop the lies man.. that [censored] is not cool at all.. all this does is get people all excited about soemthing that wont happen, big setup for dissapointment.

Same thign happend last year, i came here squashed it and get chewed up by these forum dudes, but lying about a video game is so stupid, what are you 12?

I also like the way you tried to spin it by saying "you over heard" people talking about the game. where do you work where you have copies of 2k5?

IMO this thread should be locked, unless its just a rumor thread.

uwlawyer 07-25-2004 03:31 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
GoldenstWarrior said:
uw.. stop the lies man.. that [censored] is not cool at all.. all this does is get people all excited about soemthing that wont happen, big setup for dissapointment.

Same thign happend last year, i came here squashed it and get chewed up by these forum dudes, but lying about a video game is so stupid, what are you 12?

I also like the way you tried to spin it by saying "you over heard" people talking about the game. where do you work where you have copies of 2k5?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I already said these were rumors. Read all my threads, I am not confirming anything to anyone. This is what I heard and I'm just passing the message.

23 07-25-2004 04:58 PM

I'm sticking with GSW. It's true what he said about last year too. The truth is, none of us should post this kind of stuff unless we know for sure it's there. People on all kinds of boards lying about the game aint cool. Rumors arent even cool to post either, one because you have people waiting for this kinda stuff to surface, and it just goes to a whole new level.

Not attacking upi UW, just saying at least get some confirmation instead of posting rumors, as we could all do the same thing, and it's just worthless.

sonofsiam 07-25-2004 06:32 PM

GoldenstWarrior said:

We know you work at VC GoldenState. Can you at least confirm, as per the OFFICIAL SITE, that authentic play sets are back in the game??????

I don't see how this is too much to answer. The game is available for pre order, and my entire purchase depends on that. As a consumer, I should be able to get information.

Ifiok 07-25-2004 06:45 PM

uwlawyer said:
Guys, I was minding my own business at work today (I work for a major game company, although just in consumer support) when I overheard the lead tester and a director discussing plans for a basketball line (I bet you know where I work now). According to the director, both LIVE and ESPN will have full All-Star weekends implemented in-franchise; dollar contracts and individual tendencies and shots. Furthermore, ESPN is implementing the choice between a full expansion draft or using the Cats with their current roster.

ESPN will also have a create a team that lets you paint and alter logos, choose from 10 custom arenas, and export your team into a created franchise after the first year for an expansion draft of your own.

Only bad news, as of now, the dunks and the animations had not been changed much.

This is all I heard and I am taking it with a grain of salt. But if it turns out to be true, I just can't wait!!!

Please, can you give us a link to where you got this info from?