Home

Recommendations for 5 teams choice NBA League Pass

This is a discussion on Recommendations for 5 teams choice NBA League Pass within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
theenemy's Arena

OVR: 8
Recommendations for 5 teams choice NBA League Pass

I am not a fan of a particular team - I just love NBA basketball. This is the first time I am buying NBA League Pass so I thought I would ask OS to help me choose the 5 teams to watch.

So far I am thinking

1-Dallas (they added lots of veterans, I think it will be fun to watch them play with lots of rotation)
2-Chicago (the MVP - Rip is a nice upgrade - I like his style - Also I like the energy from the bench when Gibson+Asik comes in)
3-Clippers (CP3 to Blake)
4-
5-

Should I choose "small" teams because the big games will be televised anyway? I'd appreciate if you could share your nba league pass experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Recommendations for 5 teams choice NBA League Pass

Miami, OKC, and New York would be good selections for obvious reasons.

As for the "non-elite" teams, Minny would be an interesting choice. A competent coach and Love, Derrick Williams, Rubio, Wes Johnson, etc.

Indiana is also looking pretty nice this year. Might be worth watching them.

Denver should be entertaining. Plenty of depth and they like to run.

Those are just a few. It depends on personal preference really. Do you want to see teams that like to run (Phoenix, Denver, G State) or well-coached, slower paced teams (Portland, San Antonio, Boston, Philly)? Do you want to see most of the elite teams and superstars in the league (Miami, New York, the Lakers) or would you rather see the lesser-known teams and players that you might not see without LP (Milwaukee, New Orleans, Toronto)?

The funny thing is I was just debating all of this in my head last night at work.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 12-15-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Doubt he's gonna need LP to see Miami and New York since they'll be on almost every damn day
Old 12-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
theenemy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold

Those are just a few. It depends on personal preference really. Do you want to see teams that like to run (Phoenix, Denver, G State) or well-coached, slower paced teams (Portland, San Antonio, Boston, Philly)? Do you want to see most of the elite teams and superstars in the league (Miami, New York, the Lakers) or would you rather see the lesser-known teams and players that you might not see without LP (Milwaukee, New Orleans, Toronto)?

The funny thing is I was just debating all of this in my head last night at work.
I want a little bit of all but I don't want to pay $169 to get all teams LOL.

I was thinking Pacers - I got them for the upcoming online association in nba2k12 too so it will definitely be fun to see their real life plays / rotations etc.

about Miami / Lakers etc - they are (almost) always on TV. I already got a big team from East (Chicago) and a big team from West (Dallas).

so this is how it's shaping up in my mind

1-Dallas (Big Team West)
2-Chicago (Big Team East)
3-Clippers (Fun To Watch Team - I miss the unexpected Blake Griffin dunk that makes me laugh)
4-Pacers (my nba2k12 team for the season - so I should follow them and I think they are a semi final team this year)
5-??

maybe Warriors - I am curious what Mark Jackson will bring defensively.
thanks for the input BlueNGold
Old 12-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Doubt he's gonna need LP to see Miami and New York since they'll be on almost every damn day
LOL. True, true.

Forgot to mention, for pure comedic/entertainment purpose, the Kings would be a solid choice. The amount of chucked shots and possible blow-ups between teammates/coaches could be amazing.

Looking at your list though, personally I'd round it out with the Thunder. They're a "big team", but still a small market team that might not be on TV all the time (haven't bothered to look at the schedules), and you get the joy of watching Kevin Durant AND The Human Drinking Game called Good Russ, Bad Russ. Total win there if you ask me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this thing 6 teams last year? I can't remember exactly, but I could've sworn I had LA Lakers, Miami, Boston, New York, Denver and OKC last year. If it was 6, how stupid is the NBA for having this lockout, keeping the same price for LP and cutting the number of teams for the cheaper package?

As for your choice. I'd go either OKC, Philadelphia or the Grizz
Old 12-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
theenemy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
LOL. True, true.

Forgot to mention, for pure comedic/entertainment purpose, the Kings would be a solid choice. The amount of chucked shots and possible blow-ups between teammates/coaches could be amazing.

Looking at your list though, personally I'd round it out with the Thunder. They're a "big team", but still a small market team that might not be on TV all the time (haven't bothered to look at the schedules), and you get the joy of watching Kevin Durant AND The Human Drinking Game called Good Russ, Bad Russ. Total win there if you ask me.
agreed about the OKC

the drinking game + Kevin Durant (actually I want to see how he will react to the new rule change that people say will reduce his PPG ) + posts number 5&6 in
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...off-topic.html

This was quick, thanks for the input

1-dallas
2-chicago
3-clippers
4-pacers
5-okc
Old 12-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #8
theenemy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this thing 6 teams last year? I can't remember exactly, but I could've sworn I had LA Lakers, Miami, Boston, New York, Denver and OKC last year. If it was 6, how stupid is the NBA for having this lockout, keeping the same price for LP and cutting the number of teams for the cheaper package?

As for your choice. I'd go either OKC, Philadelphia or the Grizz
I thought it was seven - I remember sorting a list of 4 teams from west and 3 teams from east and then not buying the thing. I have a very weak memory so might be wrong

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »