Home

Clippers officially sold (Pg.5 update)

This is a discussion on Clippers officially sold (Pg.5 update) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Clippers officially sold (Pg.5 update)

With all the stuff happening regarding the Clippers right now, what do people think might be in the future for the franchise? Losing so many sponsors, both locally and now seems like NBA losing national sponsors over this stuff too. Doc Rivers wants out, players might leave too,and others might not want to sign with the Clippers too. With the lifetime ban happening, I'm guessing a new owner will eventually come with that sometime in next few weeks/months, but who knows if some people will still want to be part of the franchise or not.

So what might happen in the future for this franchise?

If Magic Johnson is serious about possibly buying the Clippers(or just anyone else in general wants to become an owner) maybe with new ownership could come a complete rebrand as well? Move past the LA Clippers stuff and completely change the name of the franchise and everything too in order to completely move past the LA Clippers past and basically become a new franchise without leaving the city.

Last edited by Majingir; 04-29-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Future of LA Clippers?

I don't really think all that is necessary.. They rid themselves of the problem, I don't think they need to go around trying to change/fix things that aren't an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2014, 02:50 PM   #3

Majingir's Arena

So keeping the name/logo is fine? Even though some places are refusing to sell merchandise with the name/logo anymore because of this? Sure, when they get a new owner peoples opinions will change alot on the Clippers and stuff,but deep down I think this controversy will hang over the Clippers name for quite some time so it'd be best for them to try and move past it all and leave behind that in the past. It was Sterling who kept the Clippers name for LA, so maybe it'd be best for the new owner to change it.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

If Penn State didn't change its name, I don't see why the Clippers have to change theirs.

That said, I'd fully support the Clippers moving to Seattle.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
If Penn State didn't change its name, I don't see why the Clippers have to change theirs.

That said, I'd fully support the Clippers moving to Seattle.
No offense but that's a horrible comparison. Penn State's logo and mascot represent a lot more than the football team. And it wasn't an owner of the Penn State football team that was replaced as is the case in the comparison. It wasn't even Jo Pa for that matter.

With that said, if someone buys the team they will change the name. They'll use this situation to push it but it will have a ton more to do with the amount of money that can be made from a new brand and distancing from a name filled with decades of failure than this situation.

Mod Note: Let's keep this thread on topic. I know it's very closely related to the Sterling situation but that's being discussed in the Off Topic thread and lets let it run it's course there. Other than being brought up to explain your reasoning for what you think the future of the franchise may be, lets keep that talk out of here. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 03:07 PM   #6
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

hopefully someone that will move them back home….and I don't mean Buffalo
Old 04-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
No offense but that's a horrible comparison.
I'll respectfully disagree.

What happened with Penn State football stained the entire university, as unfair as that may be. And it was much worse than what's going on with the Clippers.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't have a negative image of the Clippers. I have a negative image of one man with the Clippers; a man who's been disassociated from them.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:15 PM   #8

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
hopefully someone that will move them back home….and I don't mean Buffalo
They don't even have an arena in San Diego to hold a NBA team?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »