Home

Week 4: (1-2) New York Giants @ (2-1) Buffalo Bills

This is a discussion on Week 4: (1-2) New York Giants @ (2-1) Buffalo Bills within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 05:38 PM   #1
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Week 4: (1-2) New York Giants @ (2-1) Buffalo Bills

Buffalo had a great bounce back win Sunday after an embarrassing loss the week before. This week they could be out with two playmakers with McCoy and Watkins. After seeing Woods, Harvin, Clay and our rookie RB Williams I'm not that worried. I'm still not ready to drink Tyrod Taylor kool aid just yet. Trent Endwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick all come to mind. I want to see how he performs in weeks 8-16 than weeks 1-5. I think buffalo will win a close one 24-17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 09:27 AM   #2
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Week 4: (1-2) New York Giants @ (2-1) Buffalo Bills

I thought this was a pretty good summary from Reddit:

Quote:
So, let's talk about the strengths and weaknesses of each team. The Giants have great cover corners who can keep the sideline in check. They have great run-defending defensive linemen. Where they're questionable is at safety and linebacker pass coverage. On offense, they have a star quarterback, two elite receivers and depth options behind them, and a talented offensive line. What they lack is a true home run threat at halfback and tight end.
The Bills have the best defensive line in the business and an overall elite front seven. They have four cornerbacks who are capable of executing Ryan's defensive vision, and two quality versatile safeties. On offense, the quarterback is dynamic and accurate, but inexperienced, while the skill players are among the best in the league top to bottom in just about any personnel grouping. The offensive line is, putting it kindly, inconsistent, but has been holding its own in both the running and passing game. The biggest problem here is potential injuries to Watkins and McCoy keeping them out of the game.
I think the key to this game for the Bills is Charles Clay. Tyrod Taylor's going to have time in the pocket, and New York doesn't have anyone who matches up well against him. He should be attacking the seams and the edges, and will be in a position to rack up a lot of touches. Woods, Harvin, and Hogan (assuming Watkins starts), will be used to attack the middle of the field and underneath, which is the Giants' weak point. We'll see how Karlos Williams does.
So far, we've faced three good quarterbacks and had one bad game on defense. If Eli Manning plays like Andrew Luck, we'll be able to contain their defense, fluster him, and force turnovers. If he gets the ball out quickly and Cruz/OBJ get open, it could be a long day.
So those are the matchups that I think are key:
Charles Clay v. NYG LB/S corps
OBJ/Cruz v. Gilmore/Darby
Eli Manning quick release
Although i wouldn't put Tannehill in the same 'good' category as Brady and Luck

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 09-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Go Giants.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:18 PM   #4
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Bills win a close one 24-17

It will be interesting to see how Williams does getting the ball about 20 times or so. I'm also interested to see who Rex matches Darby up against as he's improved by leaps and bounds since the preseason. It's like as soon as the season started everything clicked and he realizes he has to keep his eye on the ball when defending.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-30-2015, 05:21 PM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Bills win a close one 24-17

It will be interesting to see how Williams does getting the ball about 20 times or so. I'm also interested to see who Rex matches Darby up against as he's improved by leaps and bounds since the preseason. It's like as soon as the season started everything clicked and he realizes he has to keep his eye on the ball when defending.
Do you really think they will just give the load to Williams? I was anticipating more of a 60/40 split with Dixon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 06:12 PM   #6
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Do you really think they will just give the load to Williams? I was anticipating more of a 60/40 split with Dixon.
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm worried about Dixon though, he hasn't been at all productive from the times he's been on the field this year.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:28 PM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
It's likely, I mean Dixon isn't doing crap at all so might as well lean on the more productive back.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-01-2015, 06:53 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

The one thing the Giants defense has been (shockingly) good at is run defense. Unfortunately our linebackers and safeties have no concept of covering TEs.

The Giants offense can be either explosive or nonexistant. Its a flip of the coin really. I dont have faith in our oline whatseoever, so this will probably be a long day for us.

Giants will need a couple bounces to go their way but I can see Buffalo's defensive line just feasting on Eli bringing out Bad 3+ Picks Eli.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »