Home

The 2013-14 EPL Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The 2013-14 EPL Discussion Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-28-2014, 08:42 PM   #1073
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The 2013-14 EPL Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
What's funny is that Liverpool were complaining from the start (and rightly so) that we were wasting time yet both goals came in extra time.

Again, Ashley Cole came in and played a great game. I thought it should have been a penalty on Flannagan for that hand-ball only because he was the 2nd man and his arms were extended away from his body.

Great job of keeping Suarez in check and Sturridge was a ghost.

Most important thing, we made it through with no injuries.
Liverpool went for glory and got burned. Before we scored the first goal I just kept thinking "why does Liverpool look so desperate to score a goal? They don't need one."

All they had to do was set up for a draw and the title was virtually theirs. Instead, they went for glory and tried to blitz a nearly un-blitzable team. People get so caught up in this whole "right way to play" nonsense, including the managers and players themselves. The truth is, there is no right or wrong way to play, and at the end of the day the players are just trying to win.

Chelsea weren't playing for a draw, a draw didn't suit us at all. Chelsea set up to avoid conceding on the home ground of the most high-powered offense in England. A draw suited Liverpool just fine and for some reason they didn't want one. Instead they wanted to blow Chelsea out of the water in a douchey attempt to prove that there really IS a wrong way to play soccer, and that was never going to happen no matter what players Jose put out there.

People can say what they want about our team and manager, but Jose's record vs top teams during both his tenures at Chelsea are staggeringly fantastic.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #1074
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Liverpool went for glory and got burned. Before we scored the first goal I just kept thinking "why does Liverpool look so desperate to score a goal? They don't need one."

All they had to do was set up for a draw and the title was virtually theirs. Instead, they went for glory and tried to blitz a nearly un-blitzable team. People get so caught up in this whole "right way to play" nonsense, including the managers and players themselves. The truth is, there is no right or wrong way to play, and at the end of the day the players are just trying to win.

Chelsea weren't playing for a draw, a draw didn't suit us at all. Chelsea set up to avoid conceding on the home ground of the most high-powered offense in England. A draw suited Liverpool just fine and for some reason they didn't want one. Instead they wanted to blow Chelsea out of the water in a douchey attempt to prove that there really IS a wrong way to play soccer, and that was never going to happen no matter what players Jose put out there.

People can say what they want about our team and manager, but Jose's record vs top teams during both his tenures at Chelsea are staggeringly fantastic.

Just read an article in WAGNH about this. A fantastic read.

Even with our "B" side out there Liverpool couldn't crack us. They don't deserve to lift the trophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #1075
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Just read an article in WAGNH about this. A fantastic read.

Even with our "B" side out there Liverpool couldn't crack us. They don't deserve to lift the trophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your "B" side...

Your "B" side is world class and worth more than the entire starting XI Liverpool trotted out (that's a guess). Playing that way, even a mid-table club would be fairly effective. One slip mind you, one uncharacteristic slip was the difference between a draw and a loss. Let's not act like Chelsea drubbed Liverpool in this case.

Undeserving of the title because Liverpool couldn't crack one of the best defensive minds in the league on one day? Real sound logic there KG, real sound.

Last edited by VTPack919; 04-29-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 05:44 PM   #1076
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

One of the best defensive minds in the league?

Lol

Which managers in the league have a better defensive system than Jose? Which managers in the world even?

Getting sick of this "right way to play" and "anti-football" nonsense. If what Chelsea did was so easy then how have Liverpool won any games at all? Everybody should go watch Neville and Carra analyzing the game, Carra even says that Liverpool has used Chelsea's exact tactic many times in his Liverpool career and to great effect.

Also, can we stop comparing money spent on the respective squads as if it even remotely validates any body's argument? First of all, Salah, Ba, Willian, Oscar and Shirley were all Liverpool targets at some point, which means Liverpool is certainly not above spending boatloads of money. You guys spent 35 million on Andy Carroll. Secondly, I don't see how Liverpool fans hate Chelsea so much, we sold you freaking Sturridge. He's the ENTIRE reason you are even in the title race, and we gave him to you for pennies. Without Sturridge Liverpool probably loses nearly every game during Suarez's suspension and they are fighting for 8th again. You guys should be worshipping us for giving you the player that made you contenders again.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:47 PM   #1077
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdmxV-7QvJ8
Old 04-29-2014, 05:55 PM   #1078
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
One of the best defensive minds in the league?

Lol

Which managers in the league have a better defensive system than Jose? Which managers in the world even?

Getting sick of this "right way to play" and "anti-football" nonsense. If what Chelsea did was so easy then how have Liverpool won any games at all? Everybody should go watch Neville and Carra analyzing the game, Carra even says that Liverpool has used Chelsea's exact tactic many times in his Liverpool career and to great effect.

Also, can we stop comparing money spent on the respective squads as if it even remotely validates any body's argument? First of all, Salah, Ba, Willian, Oscar and Shirley were all Liverpool targets at some point, which means Liverpool is certainly not above spending boatloads of money. You guys spent 35 million on Andy Carroll. Secondly, I don't see how Liverpool fans hate Chelsea so much, we sold you freaking Sturridge. He's the ENTIRE reason you are even in the title race, and we gave him to you for pennies. Without Sturridge Liverpool probably loses nearly every game during Suarez's suspension and they are fighting for 8th again. You guys should be worshipping us for giving you the player that made you contenders again.
I think you read his statement wrong but to say Sturridge is the ENTIRE reason they are in the title race is laughably wrong.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #1079
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I think you read his statement wrong but to say Sturridge is the ENTIRE reason they are in the title race is laughably wrong.
Slight exaggeration but definitely not laughably wrong. Like I said take away Sturridge and Liverpool are losing/drawing nearly every game Suarez missed, he'll they may not have even held onto Suarez last summer if they didn't have Sturridge.

Anyways, I just don't understand the seething rage Chelsea fans get from Pool fans considering we sold them one of their most important players.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:03 PM   #1080
Pro

Reading comprehension. Not a strong suit today.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »