Home

The 2015-2016 EPL Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The 2015-2016 EPL Discussion Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-04-2015, 11:01 AM   #25
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: The 2015-2016 EPL Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
I fear for Watford. They are going the same route as QPR. They have already bought 10 players and still hunting more. Their wage bill will be ridiculous.
I thought 'Arry retired?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 11:34 AM   #26
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
No, I think we finish 3rd. Out of all the PL squads we def had the least amount of gaps to fill so I'm OK with our relatively quiet window but we're still thin at full-back and Diego's hamstring is going to be a lingering thing, especially since they opted out of off-season surgery. Remy's a more than capable scorer but Diego brings better hold-up play, his nasty demeanor, and much needed strength up top, especially now considering Drogba is gone.

I have the utmost faith in Jose to get results. I just want to see Hazard up his goal output and Oscar return to form.
I heard y'all were linked with Danny Rose for Fullback cover. Rose is very solid, but Rahman from Augsburg has potential star power.

This assumes that there are no further changes to the squads.

1.) Chelsea (most complete squad, best manager and world class talent in almost every position on the pitch but light on depth after the first 11. If Cuadardo comes good, and Loftus-Cheek contributes in a significant way, forget about it they are the Champs)

2.) Arsenal (closing the gap, crazy good depth almost everywhere, young and hungry stars who are learning to win with a calming influence of Petr Cech, arguably the best or 2nd best midfield in EPL, but are still missing cover or competition for Coquelin and 20-25 goal scorer in the league to steal results on cold nights away from the Emirates)

3.) Man United (midfield is light years better than last year, Memphis Depay looks like star, Luke Shaw will become what we all think he will and Rooney gets to play where he is most natural now. CB's are still a mess and need another forward to take some of the burden off Rooney.

4.) Man City- (They have Kun Aguero and Kompany can't and won't be as crappy as he was last year. Sterling will be good, but not £49 million good, still a very good, yet old squad and haven't done much else besides Sterling to address that issue.

5.) Liverpool- Benteke is and will be a monster, Milner may be the signing of the summer and form a tough wall for the back line with Hendo and they will be much more cohesive as a unit. Brenden Rodgers gets in his own way and may not see out the season if they start slow.

6.) Spurs - Cleared out a LOT of dead weight and were able to hold on to Kane and Lloris. Signing Toby Alderwield is massive. Harry Kane can't carry this team on his own and are light on depth in the deeper parts of midfield. And cmon, who does wanna see LOLSPURS as every year.

7.) Crystal Palace ( Cabaye, Cabaye, Cabaye!!!! Will be tough to break down and beat at Selhurt which is turning into a Snake pit. Team seems to slog their guts out for Pardew. However, no consistent goal scoring forward will be tough to overcome otherwise I'd have them maybe even higher.

18.) West Ham - I know, I'm gonna take crap for this pick, but man running off Big Sam was freakin stupid, Valencia will be out until New Years and they haven't been able to hold on to Alex Song as of yet.
19.) Norwich City - may wanna spend some money...
20.)Leicester City- what was the board smoking when they let Pearson leave

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

Last edited by cdawg44; 08-04-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:36 PM   #27
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
7.) Crystal Palace ( Cabaye, Cabaye, Cabaye!!!! Will be tough to break down and beat at Selhurt which is turning into a Snake pit. Team seems to slog their guts out for Pardew. However, no consistent goal scoring forward will be tough to overcome otherwise I'd have them maybe even higher.

Palace just got Connor Wickham and they also signed Patrick Bamford on loan from Chelsea who was the Championship POY. With Cabaye and Puncheon behind them and Zaha/Bolassie on the flanks they'll be much improved going forward.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:19 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 18

Man U top if they can get the back sorted out.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:24 PM   #29
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Man U top if they can get the back sorted out.
I don't see that at all. What have they done to improve themselves enough to make that kind of jump?
Old 08-04-2015, 07:56 PM   #30
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I don't see that at all. What have they done to improve themselves enough to make that kind of jump?
Yeah I still think they need help in the back. Jones, Shaw & Smalling are hurt too much. Evans is just terrible. Darmian is unproven thus far. If the preseason is any indication it looks like Blind might get time back there. That's not good.

Rojo looks to be their only reliable option back there and he's still relatively green when it comes to the EPL himself.

I do like what they've done in the MF though. They have really beefed it up in the last few windows since Fergie left them with dumpster trash there.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:29 PM   #31
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

It needs to be Saturday (and especially Sunday) already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 09:49 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
If they can get decent play out of their back line their goalie is good enough to carry them to a title. Great midfield. The few games I have watched this year their defense has been atrocious and De Gea has made plays he probably hasn't since youth soccer. I think they will turn it around though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »