Home

any interest in an OS rFactor league?

This is a discussion on any interest in an OS rFactor league? within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2008, 10:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
any interest in an OS rFactor league?

Considering maybe starting an OS rFactor league depending on how many others would be interested in signing up.

What cars, tracks, and times to race are up in the air, depending on what works for most people.

I'm considering a weekday night, and maybe even alternating different cars. Start off with the IRL mod, maybe the v8 Supercars, etc.

Well, if there's any interest, reply in the thread and we can see what we can get started. I'm not thinking anything major here. Just have a few guys that want to race on a semi regular schedule that maybe don't want to get into a more "official" leauge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2008, 02:52 AM   #2
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: any interest in an OS rFactor league?

I'd be interested, at least. My problem is having enough time to tweak setups on top of learning tracks...so if we have a default setup for whatever we race, I'd probably be in.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:03 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
I'd be interested, at least. My problem is having enough time to tweak setups on top of learning tracks...so if we have a default setup for whatever we race, I'd probably be in.
Yeah, that's a real option. What I'd think would be decent, is have a default setup to download for people to practice on their own a bit before the race day practice. Then we can always share setups though rFactor during that session.

I'm imagining something like for a race, a 1/2 hour practice session, work out some sort of qualifying setup, then a decently long race. Some people may like the shorter races, but I always feel that you go though the whole thing of practicing, qualifying, etc. a race that's like 10 laps long is kind of anti-climatic.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 20

I'm interested, with fixed or shared common setups.

How long of a race are you talking, Ramen? And time differences might be a consideration, too. You're in Europe, right?

I'm on the East Coast of the U.S., and TCrouch is on the West Coast. I can only race after 9 p.m. (ET), which is in the middle of the night in Europe.

Interested in more details.

P.S.: We have a group of about five or six guys that races regularly with rFactor at Digital Sportspage. Don't hesitate to check out the forum at www.digitalsportspage.com for race announcements and join us. It's good fun.

Thanks,
PK
Old 04-15-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

i know this isnt really on topic, but im going to be working on this if i ever get some free time.

anyone wanting to test it out once i get it further along let me know. Just got to looking at the logo and thought it might be a fun track.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 20

Ramen:

We're running a DSP (Digital Sportspage) night of the IRL 2007-08 mod at 10 p.m. (ET) tonight (Wednesday, April 16), so feel free to join us. We already have one dude from the UK who stays up half the night to race with us!

Anyone else who races clean is welcome, too. PM me for server and password details.

Take care,
PK
Old 04-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
I'm interested, with fixed or shared common setups.

How long of a race are you talking, Ramen? And time differences might be a consideration, too. You're in Europe, right?

I'm on the East Coast of the U.S., and TCrouch is on the West Coast. I can only race after 9 p.m. (ET), which is in the middle of the night in Europe.

Interested in more details.

P.S.: We have a group of about five or six guys that races regularly with rFactor at Digital Sportspage. Don't hesitate to check out the forum at www.digitalsportspage.com for race announcements and join us. It's good fun.

Thanks,
PK
Actually, I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. Things mentioned in other posts, e.g. posting some setup information in metric, or my Manchester United logo may have given the impression I'm on the other side of the pond. But, I'm in the US.

What I'm thinking is picking a weekend night(US time, somewhere between -4 – -7 UTC). Have the race set up into four sessions.

Practice 1) an open practice, and give some time for people to show up for being a few minutes late. With the schedule of the race, a default setup will be posted. Before hand, it can be modified by the garage for a "clean" setup. This time, we can also talk among ourselves about what setup stuff worked or not, and can freely share what setup information we have.

Practice 2) Get a consensus on what setup we'll use, and a small bit of time to get a couple good laps down with it.

Qualify) Format is up in the air. I'd say the major factor in this would depend on the mod we're running. Perhaps keep the format in line with the rules of the series.

Race )A race as long as we can get in. Like I said in a previous post, I think it's a little insane if we do like MMG F1, and spend hours setting up the car, practicing, and qualifying, to just race 10 laps around Monza. A full race would also let in things like some pit strategy into the mix.

I'd say something interesting to do, would be every couple weeks, change what mod we're running. Two weeks with MMG F1, then change to the IRL mod, then V8 Supercars, etc. Give people an opportunity to try out a couple of mods they wouldn't normally use, and a chance for someone who may not be all that good in an F1 car, to be competitive the next week when we went to the Indycars.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Ramen:

We're running a DSP (Digital Sportspage) night of the IRL 2007-08 mod at 10 p.m. (ET) tonight (Wednesday, April 16), so feel free to join us. We already have one dude from the UK who stays up half the night to race with us!

Anyone else who races clean is welcome, too. PM me for server and password details.

Take care,
PK
I'm going to be out tonight, but I'm interesting in the future. Going out to watch the Pens sweep the Sens.

Last edited by ramenite; 04-16-2008 at 03:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »