Home

Need for Speed Shift: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on Need for Speed Shift: What's Hot and What's Not within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Need for Speed Shift: What's Hot and What's Not

In under a month, EA will release the latest iteration of its long-running Need for Speed racing franchise, this time subtitled Shift. For fans of the series, the newest version will bring with it some changes to the standard Need for Speed formula. The biggest change for the series is the push towards a more simulation feel for the game -- the majority of the previous games have been known for their arcade-like and unrealistic driving style. So with the release date inching closer, let's see what's looking good and not so good at this juncture.

Read More - Need for Speed Shift: What's Hot and What's Not
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13
Being a fan of the NFS series since the playstation 1 days I'm both excited for a new NFS game and slightly disappointed in this new approach. While I love all these sim racers that have been popping up the last few years in the game market I'm somewhat saddened to see NFS take this angle as well. NFS to me should stay a street racing game, with added realism to keep up with the more sim oriented approach of other racing games, but mainly stay in the streets.

Right now it seems there are too many sims to choose from, Forza , Gran Turismo, Grid (Even though it's not 100% sim, the feel is perfect to me.), and PGR.

There is a lack of decent street racing style games. I pine for the day I can play a street racing game that allows the same level of fun when evading the cops as NFS: Most Wanted did.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21
i'd really like to see a realistic simulation of street racing. like have a old time street racing game that really made the series, and just make it a little more realistic. i mean NFS underground 1 and 2 are still loads of fun. whats more fun than running from the cops. that built the series, and it's why people bought it. i don't see how it makes any sense business wise to enter into a genre with such succesful games, when it was so original before. i am a hardcore fan, but love the "fun" feel of those games. i wouldn't care if they made the car physics completely real, i just like the street racing atmosphere. and i love the idea though of not needing to win. its about time. but really, why enter this genre, it makes not sense?????
Old 08-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21
HiTE, i agree with you 100%. we want realism, but in street racing. and make it customizeable so that you can have a realistic street race, or a more typical NFS race. i am also saddened to see it go, but am interested to see how it works, b/c i LOVED NFSrostreet. but not as much as most wanted, or underground.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
Banned

hotboyz81's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Need for Speed Shift: What's Hot and What's Not

The last good Need for Speed game that came out was Most Wanted and that was in 2005, it's 2009 and they still havn't released a great NFS game, c'mon Electronic Arts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6
im a Gran Turismo DIE-HARD & i must say i'm keeping my eye on NFS: Shift. watching the vids & looking @ the pics over the past couple weeks, the game def looks promising. lets hope its as good as it looks & if it is, i'll be buying a copy to hold me over until GT5 is released

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »