Home

GT5 B-Spec thread

This is a discussion on GT5 B-Spec thread within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4
GT5 B-Spec thread

Post your thoughts and tips here...

To this point, the hardest races for me have been the Amateur Series: Sport Truck and Professional Series: British Lightweights.

For the Trucks, you can win a Dodge by getting a Bronze IA License. If this is your truck, you pretty much have to max tune it and adjust the transmission to hit above 160 to win at Daytona.

The British Lightweights is the one that killed me though. I probably invested over $400,000 in cars and tuning to get this one. The best I could do was 3rd with three different cars tuned out. Until I took a shot on a Seven Fireblade '02 (it looks like a dune buggy). It is a rare car that I have only seen twice in the Used Cars. But if you lightly tune it...it will win Gold in both. My AI Driver just can't handle small MR cars.

As best I can tell, tires are the most important thing. Can be the difference in 4th and winning going away. Surprised me at how much difference they make. So always pay attention to the race requirements and get the softest you can.

Does anyone know what the Driver Arrows indicate? (BLUE up, GREEN normal, ORANGE down) Do they indicate the driver's morale? His rate of improvement? Regression?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: GT5 B-Spec thread

British Lightweights....I know this will sound like cheese...but I just used my Gamestop pre order bonus McLaren F1. It is British...and meets the weight restrictions. Murders the other cars on the track (actually it is my prime money making race in A Spec....24k in 2:41).
Old 12-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Rookie

c_breezy803's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: GT5 B-Spec thread

for the brit lightweights I picked up a vauxhall from the used car lot and owned the competition after minor upgrades
12Con - #14 Boise State Broncos(10-3) --Offseason
ACC,SEC,BigXII - #7 LSU Tigers(11-2) -- Offseason(Cotton Bowl Champs)
Shame2Fame - SMU Mustangs(0-1) Last Game: L 40-10 vs Florida

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »