Home

GT Academy's Racer X Needs Your Help

This is a discussion on GT Academy's Racer X Needs Your Help within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
MVP

Yrogergj24's Arena

OVR: 12
GT Academy's Racer X Needs Your Help

Patrick Crider, or as he is known to the Gran Turismo 5 community GTP_SohnVonStig, the winner of Polyphony Digital's Racer X competition held in San Diego recently, is being deemed ineligible due to discretionary action that was originally allowed by Sony and Nissan. The ruling can be overturned at any time.

We all know he has worked extremely hard for this, just as the rest of the GT Academy Participants have and he deserves the chance to compete along them. If you can, please try to contact some Sony or Nissan representative and tell them that you want Patrick to compete in this year's GT Academy since he earned his spot in Silverstone. Or if you cannot do that, at least leave your support here on this thread.

This was posted to the GTPlanet forums about an hour and a half ago by one of Criter's personal friends Jett_Racer
Quote:
Honestly, people should know what happened in the past, so they can decide whether it’s a fair call or not. There’s nothing wrong, the guy has nothing to hide.

About 2 and half years ago, during Pat’s senior year of high school, just about EVERYTHING wrong could have happened. The main thing started with his girlfriend at the time, cheating on him with his ‘best friend,’ REALLY?! I thought this stuff only happened on TV, but it didn’t stop there. For some reason, Pat didn’t do anything about it. Seriously? How mad would you be if that happened to you? Yet, that’s not where the legal background comes in.

So after that, his ‘best friend’ and some others were still involved in Pat’s life. They were telling Pat who he could and could not date at the time, and if he didn’t listen to them, they threatened to beat him up. Who wouldn’t be fed up with this at this point?

So Pat finally decides to vent all this anger he’s had building up to someone. BUT, before I go into that, let me add some other key things that have been piling up in the guy’s life. There’s his parents getting divorced, which led to him having to switch schools. His sister was in an abusive relationship. Couple deaths happened, he lost both his 9 month old nephew and his grandfather, and on the day his grandfather died, he broke his ankle. At the time he had a D1 soccer scholarship, but since he broke his ankle, that went out the window. So a lot of stuff happened, and it’s unhealthy to not vent these kinds of things, and all of Pat’s friends knew him as a guy who never got mad.

So when the time came to vent, he told this person he was mad, and they wouldn’t believed him and didn’t seem to care, since Pat’s a guy who “doesn’t get mad.” So he really wanted to show them that he was mad, I mean, who wouldn’t at this point? So he started escalating to show them he was really mad, since they weren’t taking him seriously at all. So it got to the point where he said he was gonna shoot those guys that pissed him off, just so they can see he’s ACTUALLY mad. They finally took it seriously, but when they did, they took it too seriously, and decided to take this information to the principal, because the point was lost in translation. So long story short, he got a plea agreement that says all charges will be dropped if he follows the rules of the plea agreement. But basically they were just using him as a poster child.

Since then, he’s had multiple checkups, there’s been nothing wrong, and soon they’re planning on dropping all the charges. So the poor guy’s been charged for something trivial after going through so much, I mean, for other people that could have ended in so many worse ways. But anyways, with how things are now, regardless, he’s still not in violations of any of the rules.

To be honest, Pat’s side of the story was never told or revealed by the media, it’s all been pretty one sided. But I’m sure if he actually let his side heard at the time, none of this should have ever happened. But why would he vent that? It was proven that venting only made things worse at the time, sadly.

I’ve known Pat for a long time now, so I know a lot about the guy. We only Skype every night, it’s kinda hard not to. He’s done everything he possibly could to make it into this competition, his life has had a lot of hard times, and he finally managed to get something good goin’ for him. We’ve spent just about every day practicing for it. He didn’t make it into the top 32, and we told him not to give up hope, just gotta kill it in the wild card event. So he stayed committed and the practice for sure showed and he killed it at the racer x comp. I dunno about you guys, but I think if anyone else were to be racer x, it would have been very anti-climatic, and I don’t think they would have made the top 16. So even now, just like back then, we’re not givin’ up on Pat, he earned his spot, and he deserves to race with us!

So hopefully we can get your guys’ opinions on whether he should be in or not. You know his legal background now, so give us your honest opinion on the subject, and maybe if we get enough people feeling strongly that he should remain in, we could get something to work. Let the man have one thing go right in his life!
So help us spread the word to allow Patrick to compete, he earned it legitimately. If you would like more info on the situation from inside people contact VELOCI_2NR or Jett_Racer on the GTPlanet forums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: GT Academy's Racer X Needs Your Help

Nah...........

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »