Home

MXGP3 Wishlist

This is a discussion on MXGP3 Wishlist within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2016, 04:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
MXGP3 Wishlist

Not sure what Milestones intentions are for an MXGP3, but I put together a list of things I would like to see. Some may, or may not, agree with these items, but these are the things that irk me about the game. I have played this game a ton, and I think I would like to see it move in a more sim direction, with things like bike damage, injuries, and weather effects. Much of that sim direction is borrowed from other games like F1, or even sports games in terms of careers, etc.

Anyway these are my wishes for an MXGP3:

I have owned MXGP2 since the European release date, and love to play the game. It is truly the game I play the most. I have always enjoyed Racing Simulators, and while I really enjoy the game, I think the areas below need to be addressed in future MXGP games.

A.I. – The A.I. needs to be seriously revamped. I don’t mind some bumping in my racing games, but the A.I. riders have absolutely no awareness that you are even on the track with them. If my rider slows down they will just plow straight in to him instead of trying to avoid me. If my rider falls, they don’t slow down or try to avoid me, they just ride straight over me or my bike as though I wasn’t even there. The same thing happens for racing lines. If I am going inside, they never think of changing up and switching lines to avoid me or out race me. They are taking the inside line regardless of if there are already three bikes there, or a rider down, or whatever. They are taking that programmed inside line regardless. It ruins the immersion factor when you approach a corner in last place only to find a train like corner with EVERY rider ahead of you taking the exact same inside line. The A.I. Riders need to have some awareness, and mix their lines up, and also try to avoid the human controlled rider. I have tried to ride a wide bike, so the A.I. would have to slow down, or go around me, but they just ride right up the rear fender, and take you out.

A.I. Riders spreading out – The A.I. Riders in the game don’t spread out enough. You can run a 7 lap race, and all the riders will be within 30 seconds of the leader at the end. If you fall, you can make up tons of positions quickly because the riders are so bunched up. The racing really needs to be more spread out.

The Inside Line takeout – This needs to be corrected. Anytime the human controlled rider takes the inside line on another rider, the inside rider goes into an automatic takedown animation. Yes I know if I let off the throttle, it will sometimes not trigger the animation, but if I want to square up a rider in a corner, then I am going down for sure. It plays into the A.I. having no awareness, as they should slowdown if they see me taking away that inside line, but they just keep coming, and I, being the more aggressive rider will be taking a trip to the dirt. You can actually see the takeout coming, as your rider seems to just wimp out, and take the dive.

Better crash physics – I can’t tell you how many times I have landed on another rider only to have my rider bounce a little on him, and then bounce off, with neither rider going down. If I land on someone, he should be going down, if not just out right DNFing. Or if my rider is about to get a holeshot, and goes down in the first corner, the riders behind me should be taken out as well. Sometimes a rider, maybe two, will go down, but the majority will just ride right over all of us with no slow down or crash.

A.I. Animations – The A.I. Riders can corner, and get a round a turn as quickly as my human controlled rider without leaning over nearly as far as my riders animation. My rider is low in a turn, yet the AI rider is almost upright, and still gets around the corner as fast as me. It looks bad, and probably accounts for why my rider gets taken out constantly in turns.

Tracks, and Deformation – The tracks are overall way too smooth. It is hard to tell the difference between a deep sand track, and Hardpack. This really needs to be corrected. Also the tracks need to deform more. Watch any race, and the ruts by the end are so deep, it is almost dangerous to ride. MXGP needs more ruts, and way more bumps, and track deformation.

Online leaning back – Your rider can hook up, and get more speed by leaning back on the bike. Unfortunately when you race online, because of that you are left with all the human controlled riders riding wheelies all over the track as they are all holding the right stick back for that extra acceleration. It looks really dumb, and they should go over backwards holding the stick back so long. The right stick is poorly implemented in that regard.

Online Physics – I understand that riders can use whatever physics they want online, but there should be a penalty of sorts for using Base versus harder physics. I play on pro physics which are less forgiving and more challenging (easier to crash), yet see guys going just as fast with Base physics. Just my opinion but if you are going to have the more challenging physics than you should be rewarded with a higher top speed, or acceleration than someone playing on Base.

Better Lobbies – Having both PS4, and XBOXone versions of the game, I can tell you the PS4 lobbies are way better than XBOX. Please at the very least give XBOX the same lobby system as PS4.

Wish List

Weather - The game needs weather effects. Rain, mud, it’s all part of real MX, and should be in the game.

Breakdowns – The game would be so cool if there were mechanical failures now and then. Maybe add a realism type slider that allows the game to put in random mechanical failures during a season, or even a Grand Prix Weekend.

Crashes cause bike Damage – When your rider has a huge get off into a sign or something the bike should receive some damage, and not run as well. Multiple Huge get offs should end the day for the bike. Make the riders try really hard not to crash, to preserve the bike.

Remounts – the current system of warping back to your bike on the track after a crash with barely a time penalty isn’t great. When a rider crashes it should take them a few seconds to get back to the bike, and get going again.

Updateable rosters – I would love to see updateable rosters to reflect the MXGP season. This way if a rider is having a great year, or an off year it would be reflected in the Game. Like Gaiser, you could have him running up front, or someone who is sliding, could drop in the game rankings.

Better Press coverage – Let your rider answer questions about each race, and other riders, and have that affect Team Morale, and reputation, etc. Look to games like NBA 2K, or EA's Be a Pro mode.

Be a Pro Mode - Would love to see a better career mode with progressions, and media involvement, team dynamics, etc. I realize this is a very tall order for what is probably just a niche game, but hey it's a wishlist.

Vintage riders and bikes - Lackey, Malherbe, Thorpe, Wolsink, Decoster, etc. Big old 2-Strokes.. Now I'm really reaching....

Last edited by chrisg19; 10-14-2016 at 10:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: MXGP3 Wishlist

Great post...I will chime in this weekend at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »