View Single Post
Old 12-18-2002, 12:59 PM   #1
IAHawksfan
Rookie

OVR: 1
MM more fun than NBA Live in my opinion

Last night I played Live for the first time in awhile, I hadn't played it since getting MM. For several years I have been playing only NCAA Football because I feel that it's the better game between it and Madden. I know that's saying a lot because Madden is amazing, but the offseason depth of the college football game is just so much more fun, and working towards bowls, and the whole televised/not televised aspect, etc. It's just the sh*t. With that said, after tweaking MM with sliders, it is the better game. The graphics aren't as crisp, but the gameplay is just as good. I played against a friend last night and the ability to play full court defensive sets in that game really change the course of the game. There are definately streaks in the game, you can go on runs more effectively. Last night I just went cold, much like in a real college game, suddenly my shots weren't falling for a two minute stretch, then I had to play catch up the final two minutes.
NBA live is fun and it's more polished, but the crowds are boring, it lacks the atmosphere of MM and the offseason gets to be pretty boring. I'm just stating my preference, but I think that MM is a damn good game. It has it's flaws, but the gameplay is outstanding once you tweak it a bit, the graphics are good, the crowd is awsome with the chants, the jumping up and down, the wave, counting down the clock, calling the three, etc.
Just my thoughts. I'm EA biased, but I'm think that people need to give this game a chance because it's a really fun game. And more of a realistic gaming experience after tweaking the sliders than NBA Live.
Advertisements - Register to remove