Home

MM more fun than NBA Live in my opinion

This is a discussion on MM more fun than NBA Live in my opinion within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-18-2002, 12:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
MM more fun than NBA Live in my opinion

Last night I played Live for the first time in awhile, I hadn't played it since getting MM. For several years I have been playing only NCAA Football because I feel that it's the better game between it and Madden. I know that's saying a lot because Madden is amazing, but the offseason depth of the college football game is just so much more fun, and working towards bowls, and the whole televised/not televised aspect, etc. It's just the sh*t. With that said, after tweaking MM with sliders, it is the better game. The graphics aren't as crisp, but the gameplay is just as good. I played against a friend last night and the ability to play full court defensive sets in that game really change the course of the game. There are definately streaks in the game, you can go on runs more effectively. Last night I just went cold, much like in a real college game, suddenly my shots weren't falling for a two minute stretch, then I had to play catch up the final two minutes.
NBA live is fun and it's more polished, but the crowds are boring, it lacks the atmosphere of MM and the offseason gets to be pretty boring. I'm just stating my preference, but I think that MM is a damn good game. It has it's flaws, but the gameplay is outstanding once you tweak it a bit, the graphics are good, the crowd is awsome with the chants, the jumping up and down, the wave, counting down the clock, calling the three, etc.
Just my thoughts. I'm EA biased, but I'm think that people need to give this game a chance because it's a really fun game. And more of a realistic gaming experience after tweaking the sliders than NBA Live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2002, 05:02 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: MM more fun than NBA Live in my opinion

can you edit players in MM2k3? LIVE 2k3 is pretty good if you have the GC version and edit some of the players ratings.

i don't have it because i've got an XBoX & GC. can you transfer player over to LIVE for the draft?...
Old 12-18-2002, 05:02 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MM more fun than NBA Live in my opinion

you can edit players but you can't export to Live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »