View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #16
spankdatazz22
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2k9 is great but will they patch up the morphing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Clipping issues like this have been in every sports game (hell, every game period) since the beginning of 3D space in games basically. The animations and models can only react so much to crazed and frantic human input without this kind of stuff popping up. Even in games with full physics systems like GTA IV, you see these issues occasionally. I hope they can find a way to fix this in the future, but something tells me that they probably would've fixed this by now if it were that easy.
I agree; well said. As long as it doesn't occur with a ton of frequency I'm don't think it qualifies as a huge problem because practically every game has clipping issues - it's not laziness. I'm sure a developer would be able to comment more on the complexities of programming for geometry and the difficulty of how these objects are supposed to interact. I think Gideon Prime is out there on this one; old school games definitely had this problem also

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS