View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #29
madmax17
Rookie

madmax17's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K9 Impressions (PC)

Doesn't map my xbox360 buttons automatically and when you bring the icon passing up it doesn't say 'X' or 'A' but 'B1' which is/will be confusing, should have been more xbox controller friendly like the games for windows. There is stuttering in one or two menus, unfortunately for me the controller menu stutters so much I am unable to map my controls, the main menu stutters as well this is clearly a bug and someone said it will be fixed via steam.

Game itself looks like the xbox360 version a bit better, I have my pc connected to a plasma tv so I can compare both versions on the same tv but frankly didn't compare them in detail as of yet, I was busy looking for other things. The game is amazingly well optimized on the highest setting, very fluid and crisp, much better then top spin 2 that one was lagging on the pc, didn't shoot any free throws so I don't know if it lags on the first one like the console version. Plays like the console version, all the features seem to be in there except the online of course.

Found these files in the 'appdata' section Game Sliders.SLD, Roster.ROS, Player.USR, Settings.STG, Config.cfg, in the main folder you can find files like loading_movies.cdf,paplayers.bin,jukeboxmusic.bin, players.bin so I would say it's modable, with the right tools to open them which will come, there is even a onlineavatars.cdf which is funny because there is no online