Home

NBA 2K9 Impressions (PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Impressions (PC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #25
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K9 Impressions (PC)

You act like we had a long drawn out discussion about it. I asked, he answered. Why are you crying? Damn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 12:22 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
If you have a system that can support it, the game looks ridiculously crisp at 1920x1200.
Does ridiculously crisp mean it looks better than the XBOX 360 version(as in the blur/low res complaints that so many of us have had)? I am playing in 1080i on 44 inch HDMI monitor with the 360 version. My CPU can run this game at max resolution, and I have a 24 inch 1080p monitor. Would you say that all things being equal the PC version looks better? I would like to get this game on the PC as well, mainly for the modding possibilities, but see no reason to get it at the moment considering there is no modding community for this game as of yet, and we don't know how "modder freindly" this game will be.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

The game looks great. Crispness has been very desired for me after the console versions and the PC version gives you that. Controls are just like the console if you have a gamepad, which I do have the 360 pad. The menus are laggy like the framerate is very low, but that doesn't affect the control with the pad, just when you try to change things with the mouse.

I've noticed a couple of graphical glitches on my created players face, looked like he had a disease, the colors were all messed up and extra light. Another glitch was all the players clothes got messed up and they were running around with like scraps hanging off them.

The game runs good, but for some reason if I have the player details above low, I get some very slight skippiness. I can have all other options maxed, but the player details. I've also tried lowering everything else but have player details even on medium and the skippiness is still there. It's not a framerate issue, but just more the skippiness. I can't explain it. On low details for the players, the game runs flawless. Strange.

Worthy buy for $20 though.

C2D E6300 1.86 ghz dual core
Nvidia 8800GT 512 MB PCI-E
2 gig PC 6400 ram
Win XP Pro SP3
Old 10-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 14

P.S.
This game is patchable? They've already made cyberfaces and jerseys over at nba live series center! Can't wait for my graphic card to come in today!!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #29
Rookie

madmax17's Arena

OVR: 6

Doesn't map my xbox360 buttons automatically and when you bring the icon passing up it doesn't say 'X' or 'A' but 'B1' which is/will be confusing, should have been more xbox controller friendly like the games for windows. There is stuttering in one or two menus, unfortunately for me the controller menu stutters so much I am unable to map my controls, the main menu stutters as well this is clearly a bug and someone said it will be fixed via steam.

Game itself looks like the xbox360 version a bit better, I have my pc connected to a plasma tv so I can compare both versions on the same tv but frankly didn't compare them in detail as of yet, I was busy looking for other things. The game is amazingly well optimized on the highest setting, very fluid and crisp, much better then top spin 2 that one was lagging on the pc, didn't shoot any free throws so I don't know if it lags on the first one like the console version. Plays like the console version, all the features seem to be in there except the online of course.

Found these files in the 'appdata' section Game Sliders.SLD, Roster.ROS, Player.USR, Settings.STG, Config.cfg, in the main folder you can find files like loading_movies.cdf,paplayers.bin,jukeboxmusic.bin, players.bin so I would say it's modable, with the right tools to open them which will come, there is even a onlineavatars.cdf which is funny because there is no online
Old 10-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
The game looks great. Crispness has been very desired for me after the console versions and the PC version gives you that. Controls are just like the console if you have a gamepad, which I do have the 360 pad. The menus are laggy like the framerate is very low, but that doesn't affect the control with the pad, just when you try to change things with the mouse.

I've noticed a couple of graphical glitches on my created players face, looked like he had a disease, the colors were all messed up and extra light. Another glitch was all the players clothes got messed up and they were running around with like scraps hanging off them.

The game runs good, but for some reason if I have the player details above low, I get some very slight skippiness. I can have all other options maxed, but the player details. I've also tried lowering everything else but have player details even on medium and the skippiness is still there. It's not a framerate issue, but just more the skippiness. I can't explain it. On low details for the players, the game runs flawless. Strange.

Worthy buy for $20 though.

C2D E6300 1.86 ghz dual core
Nvidia 8800GT 512 MB PCI-E
2 gig PC 6400 ram
Win XP Pro SP3

I noticed this "jittering" once I turned vsync off. Even though the game is running at 80-90FPS it still skips around so I don't know why.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 15

Got surprised with the game a few minutes ago by a good friend played quick game with the magic against raptors, lets just say I may never play my ps2 version again lol the game is great gameplay is solid on the laptop hooked up to our sharp aquos playing through the hdmi output. Display settings are at 1480x960 with all detail on high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #32
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Can anyone please take a photo of the game at 800x600 with everything on low? Just so I know what I'm missing (my PC probably can't run the game on better settings).
Thanks!

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »