View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
JBH3
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: FRANCHISE PROGRESS

Screw my Niners franchise...

I just didn't have the desire to go any further. Plus I started going hog wild in free agency, and brought in too many players; I just couldn't resist some of the names that were popping up.

So I decided to settle into a new franchise. This time w/ a team I actually care about, rather than a rebuilding project that I really have no desire in rebuilding; its like I forced myself to take on a bad team w/ a fireable coach to make it more "realistic" having myself as the new HC.

Screw that...Bye Andy Reid...I'm now the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles!

I've progressed thru wk1, and I'm set on unlocking those approval achievements too.

PREseason Happenings:

Trade: Lito Sheppard to ATL for 2010 2nd Rd/6th Rd picks.
Trade: Reggie Brown to SF for a 2009 5th Rd/6th Rd picks.
Big Cuts: S Sean Considine (if he qualifies here).
Injuries: Brian Westbrook out 5-8 weeks w/ quads injury.
Game Changer: Brodrick Bunkley - What does this do?
I didin't get any info as to what was going to change.

Went 3-1 w/ a loss in the preseason finale to the Jets (27-21)

My Philosophy pretty much stays the same w/ minor adjustments to health/fatigue status for QB/HB; I want them to be subbed out at moderate health/fatigue vice low...given the injury history of McNabb and BW. However, now BW is hurt anyways so I guess it didn't really matter.

I also changed my philosophy regarding my D-Line, changing my direction there to a runstopper DT and prototype DE; could this be where the gamechanger came into play for Bunkley?

After wk 1 I'm 1-0 after beating STL 24-9 on the arm of McNabb (239 yds passing, 2 TDs), and in part to great D too (2 INTS, 5 forced fumbles, 3 recovered, and 1 TD).

My approval is currently 53 w/ Dallas up next, and a win here accomplishes a season goal; Beat Dallas on MNF.