Home

Old 02-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
FRANCHISE PROGRESS

I've started a thread like this in the Madden and NBA 2K forums, and they've been great threads for communitcating the happenings in each others franchise experiences.

Feel free to post the progress of your franchise here i.e. your regular season, offseason triumps or the latter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Re: FRANCHISE PROGRESS

Wrapped up my first season as the Niners HC going 7-9, and actually having a chance to win the division until losing my last two games of the year (STL & WAS); both 24-21.

For the record 4 of my 7 wins came by 3 pts or less.

STL won the division as the Cards lost Kurt Warner in wk 10 (because I laid him out w/ good'ol Patrick Willis). Zona would lose 6 in a row w/ Lienart under center to end the season 8-8; STL finished 9-7.

As far as how my team ranked up, I had the 19th ranked offense, and the 31st ranked defense - mainly due to the huge amount of points scored/yards gained on me in the first 6 weeks of the season.

My passing offense was ranked 5th under Mike Martz's spread offense. JT O'Sullivan played all 16 games, and posted great "Martz-inflated" numbers w/ 3,800+ yard passing season, 31 TDs, and 18 INTs. Vernon Davis also had a career yr as I used him exclusively in the slot. He made the Pro Bowl leading all TEs in receiving (I'll post his numbers in a later post, they were quite guady). Other Pro Bowlers were: JT O'Sullivan, Patrick Willis, and Justin Smith.

My running game suffered because of Martz though, AND partly due to Frank Gore missing 7 games; backups were Michael Robinson and Deangelo Williams (who blowed).

My offseason plan is to scout for my franchise QB, and/or a Champ Bailey type CB or a dominant pass rusher from the end of OLB position.

Since San Fran's success as always been at the hands of having a field general QB that is my most coveted need. I want to find the second coming of Joe Montana or Steve Young.

O'Sullivan made the Pro Bowl, but I wasn't prepared to move on w/ him as my starter for the foreseeable future; I also wasn't willing to pay him $35mil/5 yrs w/ a $6mil signing bonus and $3mil in incentives.

Will post how the postseason ended, and my offseason happenings later on. Till then...
Old 02-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't have my franchise in front of me, but here is an overview of my team's direction: The 49ers

2009: 10-6 missed playoffs
2010: Won Superbowl
2011: Won Superbowl
2012 Three Peat
2013: Undefeated, 4th SB win in a row
2014: 7-9 missed playoffs
2015: Won Superbowl
2016: 7-9 missed playoffs
2017: Lost NFC Championship
2018: Lost Divisional Round as top rated team
2019: Won Superbowl
2020: 9-7, lost wildcard round *traded Josh Johnson mid season*
2021: The new era begins
Old 02-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Screw my Niners franchise...

I just didn't have the desire to go any further. Plus I started going hog wild in free agency, and brought in too many players; I just couldn't resist some of the names that were popping up.

So I decided to settle into a new franchise. This time w/ a team I actually care about, rather than a rebuilding project that I really have no desire in rebuilding; its like I forced myself to take on a bad team w/ a fireable coach to make it more "realistic" having myself as the new HC.

Screw that...Bye Andy Reid...I'm now the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles!

I've progressed thru wk1, and I'm set on unlocking those approval achievements too.

PREseason Happenings:

Trade: Lito Sheppard to ATL for 2010 2nd Rd/6th Rd picks.
Trade: Reggie Brown to SF for a 2009 5th Rd/6th Rd picks.
Big Cuts: S Sean Considine (if he qualifies here).
Injuries: Brian Westbrook out 5-8 weeks w/ quads injury.
Game Changer: Brodrick Bunkley - What does this do?
I didin't get any info as to what was going to change.

Went 3-1 w/ a loss in the preseason finale to the Jets (27-21)

My Philosophy pretty much stays the same w/ minor adjustments to health/fatigue status for QB/HB; I want them to be subbed out at moderate health/fatigue vice low...given the injury history of McNabb and BW. However, now BW is hurt anyways so I guess it didn't really matter.

I also changed my philosophy regarding my D-Line, changing my direction there to a runstopper DT and prototype DE; could this be where the gamechanger came into play for Bunkley?

After wk 1 I'm 1-0 after beating STL 24-9 on the arm of McNabb (239 yds passing, 2 TDs), and in part to great D too (2 INTS, 5 forced fumbles, 3 recovered, and 1 TD).

My approval is currently 53 w/ Dallas up next, and a win here accomplishes a season goal; Beat Dallas on MNF.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im in year 2015 with the pats (i know i know, but i flipped the roster within a few years) here is my progress:
2008: 16-3 Won Super Bowl
2009: 15-4 Won Confrance
2010: 8-8 Did not make playoffs
2011: 12-5 Playoff Appearance
2012: 9-7 Did not make playoffs
2013: 16-3 Won Super Bowl
2014: 12-6 Playoff Appearance

Im 88-36 with 2-1 in super bowls, 6 winning seasons, and 9-3 in playoffs. Coach is rated at 61 and "doing a great job" in preseason of 2015. Approval at 82 at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneCHARLES
I don't have my franchise in front of me, but here is an overview of my team's direction: The 49ers

2009: 10-6 missed playoffs
2010: Won Superbowl
2011: Won Superbowl
2012 Three Peat
2013: Undefeated, 4th SB win in a row
2014: 7-9 missed playoffs
2015: Won Superbowl
2016: 7-9 missed playoffs
2017: Lost NFC Championship
2018: Lost Divisional Round as top rated team
2019: Won Superbowl
2020: 9-7, lost wildcard round *traded Josh Johnson mid season*
2021: The new era begins
If only my 49ers could complete a four peat and win 6 SB's in 12 years. What happened to 2008 though?

On a side note, I cant wait to play this game. I'm just waiting for my 360 to arrive. I'm planning on starting with my 49ers in the off-season since I want to make some changes compared to what they did in reality last off-season. Other teams that I plan on using include the Chiefs (having those extra picks from the Allen trade will be huge), Dolphins, Bengals, Ravens, Colts and Eagles to name a few.

I must say that im excited and pumped to play this game.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 10

To have played that many seasons....they have got to be simming those. Thats cool...no problem with it.

Anyway, have not had that type of sucess with my Viks. I have only PLAYED 2 seasons, both going 13 -3, and losing both times in the first round of the playoffs.

Have not started season # 3 yet, getting ready for the Show, but playing OOTP 09 now.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower
To have played that many seasons....they have got to be simming those. Thats cool...no problem with it.

Anyway, have not had that type of sucess with my Viks. I have only PLAYED 2 seasons, both going 13 -3, and losing both times in the first round of the playoffs.

Have not started season # 3 yet, getting ready for the Show, but playing OOTP 09 now.
Um that's not true. This game has been out for months now, why is it hard to believe I played that many seasons? I only sim on defense, I like to coach offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »