View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #841
sroz39
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This game takes ALOT of heat for not being The Show...and I just don't get it. What's the point of having two of the same game?

I appreciate what 2K tried to do with this game. Even last year's game made me lose interest within a few games, but just this demo alone I've played for hours. Reason? It's FUN. I think alot of people lose sight of what's fun in video games these days. To me, the pitching mechanic is lots of fun, the hitting mechanic is straightforward and alot of fun and brings back fond memories of the MVP series' simple but versatile hitting system.

I'll be the first to admit that there's things that need improvement in this game and things that no amount of slider tweaking will improve enough to put it on par with The Show. The fielding is erratic, the animations aren't quite there yet and the stadiums don't come close to matching The Show's level of detail. But you know what? Aside from the fielding, which still needs work, the rest of the stuff isn't bad..it's just not The Show.

Things like pitch speed, computer always swinging at strikes, home run frequency and a host of other things that I've heard people complain about in almost 400 pages of posts can ALL be fixed with sliders.

I'm tired of listening to constant whining about The Show this and The Show that. The Show is probably the greatest sports game ever made. But there is no reason why we can't have two baseball games that can be enjoyed and I think for maybe the first time ever, this is the year where that happens. Take your Show-coloured glasses off and appreciate the things this game does well. There's lots to enjoy for the first time in a long time with a 2K baseball game. Don't miss out because you're brand loyal.
Advertisements - Register to remove