Old 03-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #84
derrickthomas58
MVP

derrickthomas58's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Don Cherry Rips Alex Ovechkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
If Crosby did any of this i'd bet that at least 90% of the people praising AO would be all over the Crosby Hate Train calling him "arrogant, selfish, and disrespectful" and calling for him to be beaten or run.

The league is phasing guys like Donald Brashear out of the game, it won't be long until AO is forced to fight his own battles. And when his time comes to finally answer the bell he's gonna get maimed.

Personally, i don't care about the celebrations per se, what gets me is the double stanbdard Crosby is held to. It's a total media line that it's all just "youthful exhuberance and the joy of hockey" what AO does. It's the same exact thing as how the media constantly makes excuses for Brett Favre's selfish behaviour with the whole "he's just a simply country boy at heart who just loves to compete" fallacy.
I think there is definitely a double standard, but AO gets the worse of it. If it was Cindy Crosby who was doing all these celebrations, nobody would be talking about it. But because it's Ovechkin and not the good ole canadian girl, it's suddenly wrong.

Heaven forbid somebody actually show a big of passion for the game.