View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #40
TheWatcher
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: EA's Pro Tak needs ump I know its WIP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
I doubt that it will compete with Madden for sales just like All Pro football couldn't compete with Madden for sales. I just think too many people are going to pick up Madden for the NFL and then maybe get BB secondary because it offers a different experience.
I think BB will do worse than APF did sales-wise. At least APF had some sort of draw with the legends, this game has what? Natural Motion/tackling? Nice, but people who think the mass base will buy this game because of it (taking into account the fact that most of them probably have no idea what the hell it is and have never seen a video unlike us hardcore net news/video junkies) are kidding themselves. But considering that their production is so small, they'll still probably turn a helluva profit anyway.

As far as the game itself, it looks cool but I think people are setting themselves up for a big disappointment in what they're expecting. The tackles--while they do look cool--are terribly exaggerated and that alone should tell people that this game is more than likely not targeting the hardcore sim concept.