Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: Pro-TAK Animation System

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: Pro-TAK Animation System within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #33
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: EA's Pro Tak needs ump I know its WIP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Can you smell the hypocrisy?
Sure do!

What's equally as funny is ever since Backbreaker coined the "never see the same tackle twice" phrase or whatever the lingo is, mo-capped animations are all of a sudden the devil. Now mo-cap is not good enough. It's hilarious.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
What I find funny about all this BackBreaker hype is how so many people crush Madden for not having certain features and wont "buy into Maddens hype" until they play it, yet I see people saying "I am so buying Backbreaker" even though the only thing BB has shown thus far is cool tackles and physics (although some are unrealstic), and crappy player models. Hardly anything else is known about the game, yet I already see people proclaiming it the Madden killer.

Can you smell the hypocrisy?

No - but I can smell the hope for something better.

Madden has a track record.

Backbreaker is a W.I.P. with a promise of a new beginning for football video games.

You call it hypocrisy. I call it desire for something original.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #35
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
No - but I can smell the hope for something better.

Madden has a track record.

Backbreaker is a W.I.P. with a promise of a new beginning for football video games.

You call it hypocrisy. I call it desire for something original.

Sounds like your not giving Madden 10 a chance based off track record alone. There is too much space and time left to make any preliminary decisions off both games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Sounds like your not giving Madden 10 a chance based off track record alone. There is too much space and time left to make any preliminary decisions off both games.
i'm giving them all a chance. plenty of room in my life for 3 football games
Old 05-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

On the contrary - I'm more excited for this year's Madden then any Madden ever.

I love that Ian and Phil talk to us directly and even ask for our feedback on game-stuff they are tweaking in real-time on their dev PCs.

However, if you think Madden 10 is not going to be judged based on past Madden games then perhaps you are giving Madden 10 too much clearance?

Madden 06, 07, 08 and parts of 09 are all the same game with not many visually obvious upgrades. I know they'll rattle off a list of features they added year-to-year, but most of it's not tangible enough to notice - OR it's so tangible that you see it every single game repeatedly to the point of overkill.

I'm hoping for the best for Madden 10 - I think it'll be the best Madden yet. But I'm so skeptical that I can't just ignore whatever competition is out there.

We all have our own standards for what we want to see added to the game, but it's hard to meet those expectations. I understand that and that's why I have to be wary of hype surrounding the game.

When I see buzz words like "Presentation" and "Highlight Show" and "9-man Gang-Tackles" I get VERY interested. But I know very little about most of the buzz words at the moment, aside from 1 preview video. Hopefully they'll have new stuff at E3 to show off that I can examine.

Until then, I'm still on the fence.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 7

This madden is good enough for me for a year of hard work by a new team, I'm ready to get the cookout goin and playing madden on the flat. I hope Tampa Bay gets a zone blocking run scheme that works, maybe pro-tak will help this.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
On the contrary - I'm more excited for this year's Madden then any Madden ever.

I love that Ian and Phil talk to us directly and even ask for our feedback on game-stuff they are tweaking in real-time on their dev PCs.

However, if you think Madden 10 is not going to be judged based on past Madden games then perhaps you are giving Madden 10 too much clearance?

Madden 06, 07, 08 and parts of 09 are all the same game with not many visually obvious upgrades. I know they'll rattle off a list of features they added year-to-year, but most of it's not tangible enough to notice - OR it's so tangible that you see it every single game repeatedly to the point of overkill.

I'm hoping for the best for Madden 10 - I think it'll be the best Madden yet. But I'm so skeptical that I can't just ignore whatever competition is out there.

We all have our own standards for what we want to see added to the game, but it's hard to meet those expectations. I understand that and that's why I have to be wary of hype surrounding the game.

When I see buzz words like "Presentation" and "Highlight Show" and "9-man Gang-Tackles" I get VERY interested. But I know very little about most of the buzz words at the moment, aside from 1 preview video. Hopefully they'll have new stuff at E3 to show off that I can examine.

Until then, I'm still on the fence.
I understand how you feel. Last years game was boring to me and I gave up on it.

I just feel there is a major difference in this years Maddens vs the past years performances of Madden. Forum presence at OS and new leadership.

The old leadership of Madden never came around to the forums and that leads me to believe they were happy with the status quo. Ian is the new leader and seems to want to get Madden back to a more sim status based on his interaction with OS.

I'm not relying on the past when there is a new leadership change. It's just like at work, your old boss leaves, a new boss comes in and changes start to happen. It's not going to be same as the old boss.

Time will only tell.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
I doubt that it will compete with Madden for sales just like All Pro football couldn't compete with Madden for sales. I just think too many people are going to pick up Madden for the NFL and then maybe get BB secondary because it offers a different experience.
I think BB will do worse than APF did sales-wise. At least APF had some sort of draw with the legends, this game has what? Natural Motion/tackling? Nice, but people who think the mass base will buy this game because of it (taking into account the fact that most of them probably have no idea what the hell it is and have never seen a video unlike us hardcore net news/video junkies) are kidding themselves. But considering that their production is so small, they'll still probably turn a helluva profit anyway.

As far as the game itself, it looks cool but I think people are setting themselves up for a big disappointment in what they're expecting. The tackles--while they do look cool--are terribly exaggerated and that alone should tell people that this game is more than likely not targeting the hardcore sim concept.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »