View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #224
LBzrule
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Cowboys vs. Eagles Video from IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
lbz, pause it when romo is stepping up into the "pocket". its ****ing huge, the ends are like 7-8 yards away from romo. it looks awful.

and i dont wanna here "oh well its pro mode its suppost to be like that" if its on pro we should have an easier time collapsing the pocket around the qb and from this video that is far from the truth. if this is what we get than thats disappointing from all the hype about it. when i first saw gameplay of the pocket in igns "blocking" video is was perfect, it just needed to set up faster and the ends had to try to avoid the tackles and not run right into them, this is like a 180 turn. wtf happened?
That was one of the comments I made actually. Too wide and too slow forming. DE's engaging way too early. It's almost as if the Tackles are going to control the A.I controlled DE's. Now I know the higher rated tackles are supposed to steer lower rated defenders wider, but man that's hella wide. Right now there are only two things I really need them to tune and that's the speed of the pocket and make sure my Dlinemen have movement against the run when I call crash right/crash left. If they can give me that, I'll be able to do most of what I need to do on D.