Home

Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video: Eagles @ Cowboys (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video: Eagles @ Cowboys (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #217
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Cowboys vs. Eagles Video from IGN

Great Video! First time, long time. Been playing madden since 92' and this is the best it has looked.

1. watch the TE, LT, and LG on the first run play. Pro-Tak in full affect. The LG destroys the MLB and removes him from the play. The TE pushes Ware out of the play. Physics and leverage will be huge this year.
  2. McNabb switches hands on the counter play. NICE Detail!
  3. WE NOW HAVE A POCKET TO STEP UP INTO!!!! McNabb doesn't step up on the first pass, but it was there, and Romo on the Touchdown stepping up into the pocket brought a tear to my eye.
  4. Maclin is running away from Ellis (DE) and James (LB). No more RB's or WR's getting chased down by slower players. Slowing the game down looks to have created more speed. (What ???)
  5. Great cutscene in the middle/end of the tackle on Maclin. This will add and organic feel to every play in every game. Another great detail!
  6. Watch the TE's on the McNabb sack. They start off the ball slow then pick up momentum as they enter their patterns. Bigger/slower players should act accordingly. DETAIL!
  7. McNabb looks immediatley down field after the play fake to MCcoy. DETAIL!
  8. Love the fight for the ball. The ref throwing players off (DETAIL), the players pushing each other (DETAIL), the two players still fighting for the ball after the ref signals (DETAIL), the eagles getting pissed after the call (DETAIL).
  9. The QB throwing motions. Speechless.
I have a feeling this is only a drop in the bucket for this game. The foundation looks to be layed and they are building a solid game with the details that we all have been hungry for. Keep up the hard work. August 14th will be a revelation for Madden enthusiast in the gaming world.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #218
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
I'm starting to wonder why IGN chopped up the video so much. Just show us the game in action.
e3...saving the best for later..thats all I could assume.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #219

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Glad someone noticed that. That was a major .

Outside of that, I'm pretty impressed.
Looks like he was user controlled.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #220
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Movement/player physics/animations should've been the focus this year....

It seems like they addressed the momentum issues enough but we all have to wait aleast til the demo.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #221
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I hate when receivers catch the ball over their shoulder and not look for the ball ala the TD pass, it just looks stupid. Fix that ish please. NFL 2k5 written all over the presentation.
Well damn. Is that not what most of you dudes were complaining about since last August? Some people will never be satisfied.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #222
Rookie

OVR: 5

i just saw the vid... wow... looks exactly like Madden 09! the atmosphere felt the same. the crowd is dead, commentary is the same, sounds very 'automated' doesnt feel live whatsoever.. Why did the fans booo when the cowboys got the fumble?

ONLY difference was the cut scenes and a little bit of presentation

Running animations look identical to 09 IMO very "robotic" im renting to buy... not wasting 65$ this year, no sir.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #223
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Looks like he was user controlled.
Yep. I changed my post after viewing a couple other comments. Good point.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #224
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
lbz, pause it when romo is stepping up into the "pocket". its ****ing huge, the ends are like 7-8 yards away from romo. it looks awful.

and i dont wanna here "oh well its pro mode its suppost to be like that" if its on pro we should have an easier time collapsing the pocket around the qb and from this video that is far from the truth. if this is what we get than thats disappointing from all the hype about it. when i first saw gameplay of the pocket in igns "blocking" video is was perfect, it just needed to set up faster and the ends had to try to avoid the tackles and not run right into them, this is like a 180 turn. wtf happened?
That was one of the comments I made actually. Too wide and too slow forming. DE's engaging way too early. It's almost as if the Tackles are going to control the A.I controlled DE's. Now I know the higher rated tackles are supposed to steer lower rated defenders wider, but man that's hella wide. Right now there are only two things I really need them to tune and that's the speed of the pocket and make sure my Dlinemen have movement against the run when I call crash right/crash left. If they can give me that, I'll be able to do most of what I need to do on D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »