Home

Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video: Eagles @ Cowboys (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Gameplay Video: Eagles @ Cowboys (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #297
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Cowboys vs. Eagles Video from IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoady4shoady
Nothing funny about it my friend. EA is just sad sad sad.
Well from your above bolded post, I already see where you're trying to take this, and I'm not going to entertain you on it.

You've already made up your mind on the game from a 2 minute video of an Alpha build, so there's obviously nothing that I can tell you to make you feel differently. I hate to sound like a dick, but you come off as a typical EA basher. Good day sir.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #298
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
LIke Adem said and Ian said as well. This video was made a few weeks ago. Ian said alot of tuning has been done since then. I think people need to chill out. Yes the commatary sounds old as crap. But besides that the video look great. We will get a better veiw next week at E3.
No, man, let 'em go. This is what brought us this far. Maybe not being insulting about it like some have, but for the most part, it's the criticism that helps them prioritize what they are going to be tuning for the next month.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #299
Rookie

OVR: 3

-Tom Hammond
+slowed down game play.

I don't know about anyone else but I would like it to be 1-2% slower without having to touch the sliders. Its better from what I see but maybe I have to watch this video more to soak it all in.

The dev team is going in the right direction though. I've bumped this game up to rental status until I see more from E3.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #300
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintravise
ha, come on man. Get a hold of your horses.
Im tired of having nothing to play every year to get a a real football experience. Im not the only one either. I along with 6 of my buddies have not purchased a madden since 06 on the original xbox. There is something seriously wrong there when everyone I know who use to play madden religiously doesnt even buy it anymore.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #301
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
The Good:

*F3's camera angle was nailed, plus the implementation now looks like part of the presentation. I couldn't be more pleased with how this was done. It looks like somebodies feedback was taken real seriously, and I think that was wise

*The vignettes look great.

*I think the animations look good. I remember saying to Ian how much I liked a lot of the new tackles, so this video didn't disappoint.

*The post-play camera's look good.

*The TD Camera is finally making TD's look important. Good job.

*I like the branding of EA Sports as a Network here. I think they tried this last year (and over-did it), but this looks better.

And now for the bad...

*Where's Depth of Field? There were a lot of times that should've kicked in, but didn't (like during pregame warmups, and during the Touchdown scene). That concerns me.

*Tom just doesn't sound much better to me. Maybe I just need to hear more, but it's not looking too good right now. I still feel the way this stuff is being recorded and pieced together is the primary issue (I'm actually certain of that part), and the secondary (but very important) issue is the written material he's getting.

I'd also like to point out the obvious level issues. Tom says one thing and then another part is said at a different volume, and the disparity is painfully obvious. Since those lines I'm referring to are context connected (during the coin toss), I find it strange that whoever edited this didn't either A. Get rid of one of those lines and connect with a different one, or B. Re-record the line that didn't level properly. I engineered music for years which is fun but can be hell to do in terms of its complexity (mostly self-taught but did work with some well-noted guys), and I know factually from experience that what I just described is pretty simple to do when all you're doing is working with spoken non-singing vocals.

The difference between a good engineer and one that misses basic stuff like that is the ear. You either have the ear or you don't. If that's how the final is going to sound, then well... all I'm saying is, you either have the ear or you don't, I'll just leave it at that...

*I HATE that big red ball landing circle with a passion. I'll never like this. I just don't understand the point; there was nothing wrong with what was already being done.

*I like the fact that there is a temperature read at the toss, but hate that I can't select my own temperature in the game!

*There are some camera stability issues. This was the same issue we saw with Madden 09 during post-play when the early vids came out. You can see the problems in 10 during the pre-game warmups where the camera is not 100% stable and you really notice it when Roy Williams is warming up. You'll also notice it on the TD, too. The camera's are too loose, they really need to be pinned down and fixed to the position so there is no movement as a result of the player movement, not even slight movement. Again, same issue Madden 09 showed in early vids.

*It sorta seemed like the Eagles were celebrating losing the fumble fight, lol. I saw this in Alpha, too.
Agree 100% with this^.

It's still looking like a good step up though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #302
Rookie

OVR: 4

The Cowboys stadium looks amazing. The gameplay wasn't impressive, however. I hope the final version is better and looks like a semi-real football game.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #303
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

I thought it looked pretty good. Definitely room for improvement but if Madden 10 ends up being a game I can enjoy for about a year then I'll feel that my purchase was justified.

I hate to beat a dead horse but Hammond sounds (like a dying horse) horrible. I hate talking so negatively about a man I've never met. Maybe it's not his fault, but I don't think I've ever heard anything that bad in a video game before. I can't overstate how bad he sounds. It's really holding the presentation back. He's going to be a constant reminder of Madden 09, so much has changed for the better but we still have the same old Hammond.

On an unrelated note, I really freaking hope online franchise is in. I don't know why but I had myself convinced that it would be in and that alone had me (and all the friends that I told about it) extremely psyched. Now that we're getting close to the "big" online announcement I'm starting to get nervous
Old 05-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #304
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Some of the people on here are going to hate the game no matter what. They will hate hate hate. Then they will go get the game on the day it is released just so they can continue to say how much they hate it. The game could be 100% perfect and they would still hate it. I don't get some people. Some people need to grow up.
The game has come a long way and looks amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »