View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #21
Moegames
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Why not sell Madden in PARTS? We only buy want we actually want to play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
You know how Madden has lots of things in it that SOME people like, while other people avoid them completely? Yet we are forced to pay $60 for the whole thing? Why can't EA allow us to buy only the game modes we want?

Here's what I think EA should do:

Sell Madden with Offline Franchise for $29.99 and allow us to connect to the online servers ONLY for roster updates. You can't play anyone online or do anything online except get the latest rosters. This would be considered the CORE box.

---For an additional $9.99, we can buy Online Play on Ranked EA Servers, including the lobbies, leader boards, etc...

---For an additional $9.99, we can buy Superstar Mode.

---For an additional $9.99, we can buy Online Franchise.

I like the core Madden game and offline Franchise. But I don't even care about Superstar Mode anymore. I don't even like playing online, either in ranked games or with other people in Online Franchise. Some people love this stuff. Some people don't. So why not chop it up and sell it all individually, ala carte DLC?

This way people like me can just play the stuff we want to without having all this other stuff there hiking up the price.

Just a thought. I know EA would never do this. But just a thought.
Digital Distribution is not "mainstream" enough for such a method ...yet

There are still far too many people that do not play online..or have online connections ..yet

It is a "good" idea..but company's are already "slowly" adopting this idea...
Advertisements - Register to remove