Home

Why not sell Madden in PARTS? We only buy want we actually want to play?

This is a discussion on Why not sell Madden in PARTS? We only buy want we actually want to play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why not sell Madden in PARTS? We only buy want we actually want to play?

I don't even like that if you buy Madden 10 used (or rent it) you have to pay them to unlock the Online Franchise. Or all of the little upgrades and "boosts" that you can buy.

If the game tried to sell in parts like this, I would most likely avoid the entire thing.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by msteelers
I don't even like that if you buy Madden 10 used (or rent it) you have to pay them to unlock the Online Franchise. Or all of the little upgrades and "boosts" that you can buy.

If the game tried to sell in parts like this, I would most likely avoid the entire thing.
true
Old 08-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #19
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

terrible idea for ea, they'd just lose money

- started 11/15/08
Old 08-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would be all for this... if there was a "part" that worked.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
You know how Madden has lots of things in it that SOME people like, while other people avoid them completely? Yet we are forced to pay $60 for the whole thing? Why can't EA allow us to buy only the game modes we want?

Here's what I think EA should do:

Sell Madden with Offline Franchise for $29.99 and allow us to connect to the online servers ONLY for roster updates. You can't play anyone online or do anything online except get the latest rosters. This would be considered the CORE box.

---For an additional $9.99, we can buy Online Play on Ranked EA Servers, including the lobbies, leader boards, etc...

---For an additional $9.99, we can buy Superstar Mode.

---For an additional $9.99, we can buy Online Franchise.

I like the core Madden game and offline Franchise. But I don't even care about Superstar Mode anymore. I don't even like playing online, either in ranked games or with other people in Online Franchise. Some people love this stuff. Some people don't. So why not chop it up and sell it all individually, ala carte DLC?

This way people like me can just play the stuff we want to without having all this other stuff there hiking up the price.

Just a thought. I know EA would never do this. But just a thought.
Digital Distribution is not "mainstream" enough for such a method ...yet

There are still far too many people that do not play online..or have online connections ..yet

It is a "good" idea..but company's are already "slowly" adopting this idea...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #22

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Then what is the point of your pipe dream?
again, you must not understand the point of the word hypothetical.

Most hypothetical situations are pipe dreams.

And as previously mentioned, this is a message board.

What did you want, another speed thread, ea sucks thread, or this game is broken thread?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 15

I will go further into why I think this is a bad idea I guess.

1) It is only gonna screw the consumer in the end. I really don't have any proof b/c this is sort of unprecedented but they will figure out enough reasons to try to get you to buy every part, and it will probably end up netting them an extra $5 or something. Look @ MMORPGS with expansion packs, or just expansion packs in general for games. Hard to resist buying the xpacs if you are a fan of the game.

2) I don't like digital distribution. I don't use I-Tunes, I still buy cds. I like having something tangible. 500 Years from now, they could uncover my UGK cd in a time capsule. Now wether or not it is still playable, or equipment exists to play it is another subject... Point being, I like having an actual object instead of just 'owning' some object somewhere on a server that may or may not be there in the future. I guess I do like xbox live arcade games, but those aren't usually more than $12 and they arent available in any other way.

3) I don't think 'episodic' content works out the way it is supposed to. Valve is one of the best developers of all time. Half Life 2 is an amazing game. They went the 'episodic' content way with their sequels to it, releasing halflife 2 episodes 1 and 2. There are supposed to be 3. These games were freaking awesome and I cant wait to episode 3 comes out. The problem is, I dont think anyone knows when it is coming out and its probably been 2 years since the last one.

They went to the episodic content to let them turn games around faster and adapt to better technology. (the halflife episodes are shorter than half life 2). Well wheres my episode 3 damnit! I can't even remember the story anymore. With Valve being one of the most capabale developers around, they are still having trouble getting stuff out the door. I would imagine EA would have similar problems (except stuff would probably get shipped out in piss poor shape).
Old 08-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 55

This is a great idea. I brought it up a few months back too. It makes complete sense. You'd think that it'd up overall sales and still get the most money out of the hardcore guys. I would love this personally as I only use very specific things within most games and would enjoy this feature implemented all throughout gaming.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »