Old 02-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #573
Altimus
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I was actually just testing this out last night because I am dying to get my Bulls association going.

I simmed a season and a half with Roles OFF Chemistry ON and another season and a half with Roles OFF Chemistry OFF.

Basically I saw what you had mentioned—with Chemistry ON everyone gets better 1-3 points with no declines. With Chemistry OFF, there were no constant increases and it seemed only guys with good potentials saw attribute increases in the offseason.

Some other things I noticed:

• Rookies got a lot more realistic playing time and production with chemistry OFF. With chemistry ON, John Wall was only averaging 13 or so minutes a game but was playing the most MPG of any rookie. With chemistry OFF Wall was averaging a little over 30 MPG and was averaging 15+ PPG and a few other rookies were getting significant playing time.

• There seemed to be a little more parity with Chemistry ON more than OFF. With Chemistry ON the best team in the league ended up being the Cavs with 63 wins. With it OFF the best team was the Jazz with 56. I'm not drawing any conclusions on this point though because I'd have to sim several seasons to really see if Chemistry had any affect on league parity or not.

So, it looks like I'll be going with Roles OFF and Chemistry OFF. Also turning CPU trades OFF because I saw the perfect amount of player movement in the FA period.
Thanks for the info.

At this point it seems both off is the best bet. I simmed a little yesterday and noticed because of the chemistry jump that almost all teams were rated above 80 now.