Old 02-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #44
Rocky
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: EA Plans Facebook Version of Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't think you have to purchase other FB applications, so, I think this one would be free.

I'm not against companies reaching out to more consumers, offering something for free in order to have them purchase a console game.

We are doing in that in the organization I'm running. It's a non-profit organization where we have paying members. We were all hit hard by the economy, so, we offered our members free programs throughout the year, hoping they would remember us when we have a regional conference.

It's not a bad business practice and EA is in business to make money, just like any other company trying to survive.
I believe they alluded that you would have to pay in the link. Even if it was initially free, they would likely add on some feature that you would have to pay for (which made me livid in Ultimate Team).

More importantly, I'm concerned about the direction of the series. They think these add ons, etc. will make the game more accessible...therefore increase the sales. I couldn't disagree more. In comparison to games like COD, GTA, Mass Effect and to a lesser extent The Show, FIFA, and NBA2K, Madden doesn't look, move, or sound realistic. They need to work on that the most.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa