Home

EA Plans Facebook Version of Madden

This is a discussion on EA Plans Facebook Version of Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #41
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: EA Plans Facebook Version of Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Do you know how many people on the staff?There games made with over 500 people on their staff.So how do you know if people will step on each other toes?(That why they have mangers.)Hireing a few people to help with the animation department are a few in gameplay won't hurt the game.
But I'm not trying to prove or disprove it. You guys are saying not to put resources to it instead of the console. You guys don't know if that is what they are doing. You don't know their staff. You don't know anything, and neither do I.

So you can't say they are wasting resources.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #42
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
But I'm not trying to prove or disprove it. You guys are saying not to put resources to it instead of the console. You guys don't know if that is what they are doing. You don't know their staff. You don't know anything, and neither do I.

So you can't say they are wasting resources.

And you can't say that they aren't wasting resources...we're all in the dark...like i said eariler agree to disagree would be the best solution for this topic...everyone has valid points but neither of us are on the staff as you say so all this speculation can go to the grave...either you like the move or you don't plain and simple...
Old 02-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
And you can't say that they aren't wasting resources...we're all in the dark...like i said eariler agree to disagree would be the best solution for this topic...everyone has valid points but neither of us are on the staff as you say so all this speculation can go to the grave...either you like the move or you don't plain and simple...
And it would have been much easier if you said that in your first post because now I agree with you.

It doesn't bother me one way or another.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #44
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't think you have to purchase other FB applications, so, I think this one would be free.

I'm not against companies reaching out to more consumers, offering something for free in order to have them purchase a console game.

We are doing in that in the organization I'm running. It's a non-profit organization where we have paying members. We were all hit hard by the economy, so, we offered our members free programs throughout the year, hoping they would remember us when we have a regional conference.

It's not a bad business practice and EA is in business to make money, just like any other company trying to survive.
I believe they alluded that you would have to pay in the link. Even if it was initially free, they would likely add on some feature that you would have to pay for (which made me livid in Ultimate Team).

More importantly, I'm concerned about the direction of the series. They think these add ons, etc. will make the game more accessible...therefore increase the sales. I couldn't disagree more. In comparison to games like COD, GTA, Mass Effect and to a lesser extent The Show, FIFA, and NBA2K, Madden doesn't look, move, or sound realistic. They need to work on that the most.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 02-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I believe they alluded that you would have to pay in the link. Even if it was initially free, they would likely add on some feature that you would have to pay for (which made me livid in Ultimate Team).

More importantly, I'm concerned about the direction of the series. They think these add ons, etc. will make the game more accessible...therefore increase the sales. I couldn't disagree more. In comparison to games like COD, GTA, Mass Effect and to a lesser extent The Show, FIFA, and NBA2K, Madden doesn't look, move, or sound realistic. They need to work on that the most.
Games played on social networks such as Facebook and News Corp.’s MySpace are free. The makers of the titles generate revenue by selling virtual goods, such as a tractor in Zynga Inc.’s “FarmVille,” that help players advance. Sales within the games are projected to reach more than $2 billion by 2012

Yeah, it looks like it would be initially free and then some add-ons would cost money. That is when I would bow out, if I was ever interested in the first place. To me, it doesn't bother me one way or the other. I not aware of how the Madden origanization flow chart works and neither does anyone else. If they didn't need to move manpower from Madden to FB, who cares?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #46
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

GOOD JOB EA. smh
Old 02-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #47
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Turn based would be cool and have some in between game options. Or maybe integrate it with online franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »