Home

EA Plans Facebook Version of Madden

This is a discussion on EA Plans Facebook Version of Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: EA Plans Facebook Version of Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
It's not that we don't comprehend that point...but why give resources to build on another venue when the main attraction isn't complete...i know this FB app is a small thing but it does take away from the main scheme or what should be the main scheme which is the console versions...the best outcome of this topic is to agree to disagree which i can live with
Thank you.If they can hire people for an app.Why can't they hire people to help with gameplay are animation?

Like another poster said it's all about money and there going to get some with the facebook app.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #34
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

What if they already have a full staff for the console? What if "too many cooks in the kitchen" make things work slower?

You guys have to realize - they can only have so many people work on any one facet of the game before they are working against each other. You don't know their staff, so stop trying to pretend you do.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 02-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #35

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
What if they already have a full staff for the console? What if "too many cooks in the kitchen" make things work slower?

You guys have to realize - they can only have so many people work on any one facet of the game before they are working against each other. You don't know their staff, so stop trying to pretend you do.
Plus its more than likely the team that will be used to complete this app is the same team that does the one for Tiger, NBA or whatever other games EA has. The only time this is taking away from is doing something like this for another EA game.

I doubt they went out and hired completely new employees to do this one and done game for them, that wouldn't make any sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Plus its more than likely the team that will be used to complete this app is the same team that does the one for Tiger, NBA or whatever other games EA has. The only time this is taking away from is doing something like this for another EA game.

I doubt they went out and hired completely new employees to do this one and done game for them, that wouldn't make any sense.
Especially when they laid off hundreds of workers in the fall.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

Do you know how many people on the staff?There games made with over 500 people on their staff.So how do you know if people will step on each other toes?(That why they have mangers.)Hireing a few people to help with the animation department are a few in gameplay won't hurt the game.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 55

There would be diminishing return for EA if they put more staff into Madden's console version. It's smart for them to branch out to other media. If they make a "Quick Hit Football" with NFL teams, I'd play for sure.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 02-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Meh, another money grab for the console version losing sales (ie Ultimate Team).

If it was free (like TSB roms) fine. But the fact that their putting out so many other things that I have to pay for while there is so much wrong with the original game puts a bad taste in my mouth.
I don't think you have to purchase other FB applications, so, I think this one would be free.

I'm not against companies reaching out to more consumers, offering something for free in order to have them purchase a console game.

We are doing in that in the organization I'm running. It's a non-profit organization where we have paying members. We were all hit hard by the economy, so, we offered our members free programs throughout the year, hoping they would remember us when we have a regional conference.

It's not a bad business practice and EA is in business to make money, just like any other company trying to survive.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
There would be diminishing return for EA if they put more staff into Madden's console version. It's smart for them to branch out to other media. If they make a "Quick Hit Football" with NFL teams, I'd play for sure.
I am not saying go out and hire people like final fantasy.Just hire enough so they can fix the problems they have with this gen of madden.I disagree with the hiring for the app and I going to drop it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »