Old 02-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #38
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Brewers to erect Seven Foot tall Statue of Bud Selig outside Miller Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsox
Maybe it's because i just don't like the guy but even as an owner outside of bringing a team to Milwaukee what did Selig do?.

The Brewers only made it to the playoffs twice under Selig and not once since 1982. Only 9 winning seasons under Selig who owned the team for 28 years. He never really spent money, they were never really contenders outside of a handfull of seasons. I just don't get it...
Being from a large market team, I wouldn't think you would.

Do you know how hard it is to compete with a $20 million dollar payroll? That was the payroll of Seligs last year as an owner. I wouldn't think a Red Sox fan could comprehend that.

It's not about how many pennants or WS Selig brought the Brewers, it's was his will to keep the team in Milwaukee after having it ripped away from the city of Milwaukee in the 60's.

I wouldn't expect anyone outside of a small market team to understand or comprehend it.

Now, with revenue sharing, (thanks to Selig the commish), the Brewers are able to compete with an $80 million payroll.

I know people are upset with Selig the commish, including myself, but Selig the owner kept the Brewers in a small market for 28 yrs.