Old 05-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #167
theant1h3ro
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Team Entrance Blog up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
He's still right. He's talking about tradition. Tradition is an incredibly large part of College football. If you asked the average, non-die-hard fan on the street to name two entrances they would probably go with something like Notre Dame's (who I also can't stand) or da U's or some other school that has had a longstanding entrance for years. While the Enter Sandman entrance is cool, it is still based around a song that is what, only 18 or so years old? It is cool and the Tech players and fans do get fired up, but it isn't uber-greater than the Domers recognizing their legacy or (yes, I'm going here) the spear being planted before every game.
There is nothing unique and exciting about running out of a lockerroom and touching a sign or banner is what I'm saying. I personally love FSU's entrance because of the spear that is unique, just like Traveler galloping out to midfield and his rider placing the sword in the center of the field at the coliseum. My point is that those kind of entrances are far and away better because of there uniqueness then just simply touching a sign....especially when the sign has lost its entire meaning this decade....when Notre Dame can beat Navy (or for that matter USC) then that sign will mean something again, until then it's just a bunch of kids touching a piece of metal....