Old 07-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #65
DCEBB2001
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Old Madden Ratings Site Reborn Under New Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
I love this thread. I feel like I've finally met up with some fellow gamers who understand football, and how important it is to fix these ridiculous ratings. I've been fixing my own rosters for the last few years now, and it's definitley a time consuming hobby. Many thanks and kudos to any of you who are in the same boat.

Awareness is gonna be tough.

It may be too hard to accurately rate players without sprinkling in some opinion.

Rating a players awarness based off of their overall score - 10 + yrs in the league might not work very well.

Take for example, an old Punter who's leg strength has diminished a lot in his older yrs, yet his kick accuracy is still high. His overall rating would suffer greatly from the lack of kick power, and each year that his leg continued to get weaker, his awareness would never be able to go up while his reducing kick power kept dragging down his overall.

I am disgusted when I play franchise mode in Madden 10 and I see my veterans dropping Awareness points at the end of a season. Why they program the game to do this is insanely silly. Its like they don't truely understand what their own rating even means. I seriously have my doubts. lol.

I don't have a quick or simple answer for you on how to rate players awareness, but I do know, that the older players definitely need to have some physical attributes decllining, but their awareness needs to keep getting better until the day they retire imo.

Older players with physical skill diminishing still have a place on many teams. The Patriots signed Junior Seau last year, and even though for his age he is in great shape, he is no where near the physical specimen he was in his younger years. His awareness gained from all his experience still made him a better option to plug into their defense than many of the athletically superior young players on their team. I would give Seau an average to slightly below average overall rating based on his current skill set, yet he would need an awareness rating in the 90's at least. What would that do to his overall rating then...?
The thing is that the OVR is set FIRST. So if an old kicker like Vinatieri loses KPW, his AWR will keep rising to make up for the loss. Get it? The -10 is a starting point that is then refined and adjusted.
Advertisements - Register to remove