Home

Old Madden Ratings Site Reborn Under New Management

This is a discussion on Old Madden Ratings Site Reborn Under New Management within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #65
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Old Madden Ratings Site Reborn Under New Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
I love this thread. I feel like I've finally met up with some fellow gamers who understand football, and how important it is to fix these ridiculous ratings. I've been fixing my own rosters for the last few years now, and it's definitley a time consuming hobby. Many thanks and kudos to any of you who are in the same boat.

Awareness is gonna be tough.

It may be too hard to accurately rate players without sprinkling in some opinion.

Rating a players awarness based off of their overall score - 10 + yrs in the league might not work very well.

Take for example, an old Punter who's leg strength has diminished a lot in his older yrs, yet his kick accuracy is still high. His overall rating would suffer greatly from the lack of kick power, and each year that his leg continued to get weaker, his awareness would never be able to go up while his reducing kick power kept dragging down his overall.

I am disgusted when I play franchise mode in Madden 10 and I see my veterans dropping Awareness points at the end of a season. Why they program the game to do this is insanely silly. Its like they don't truely understand what their own rating even means. I seriously have my doubts. lol.

I don't have a quick or simple answer for you on how to rate players awareness, but I do know, that the older players definitely need to have some physical attributes decllining, but their awareness needs to keep getting better until the day they retire imo.

Older players with physical skill diminishing still have a place on many teams. The Patriots signed Junior Seau last year, and even though for his age he is in great shape, he is no where near the physical specimen he was in his younger years. His awareness gained from all his experience still made him a better option to plug into their defense than many of the athletically superior young players on their team. I would give Seau an average to slightly below average overall rating based on his current skill set, yet he would need an awareness rating in the 90's at least. What would that do to his overall rating then...?
The thing is that the OVR is set FIRST. So if an old kicker like Vinatieri loses KPW, his AWR will keep rising to make up for the loss. Get it? The -10 is a starting point that is then refined and adjusted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #66
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
also think that the formula for awareness doesn't quite work... i think it needs some human insight because the formula won't take into account guys who are just students of the game... the guys like Peyton Manning who are absolute football nerds, versus the guys like Randy Moss who get by on athletic abillity.... ya know?
Well the idea is that the OVR-10+EXP will be a starting base that can then be edited. But to begin, it keeps everyone on even ground.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

i like the site but as many said the ratings on some of the guys ........ Bunkley is a better DT than Cole is DE ?

EDIT: o i see Cole didnt get updated yet

Last edited by rice_n_gravy; 07-08-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #68
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_n_gravy
i like the site but as many said the ratings on some of the guys ........ Bunkley is a better DT than Cole is DE ?

EDIT: o i see Cole didnt get updated yet

Yeah, it takes some time to get through 17000 players as you could guess. There will be more updates in August.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Yeah, it takes some time to get through 17000 players as you could guess. There will be more updates in August.
How many times do you have to say that, until people fully grasp what that means? haha
Old 07-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #70
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
How many times do you have to say that, until people fully grasp what that means? haha
As many times as necessary until people DO grasp it. Makes me wonder if people actually read the stuff on the forums. But I don't mind repeating myself if need be so people actually get it...
Old 07-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
As many times as necessary until people DO grasp it. Makes me wonder if people actually read the stuff on the forums. But I don't mind repeating myself if need be so people actually get it...
honestly

I read the title of the thread and just clicked the link

Last edited by rice_n_gravy; 07-08-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 12:17 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 5

So I am assuming that Keith Rivers from the Bengals is not a 40? As far as the rerating goes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »