View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #37
Sovartus
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA Elite 11 Video: Become Legendary Mode

It's funny to me when people say that one game is "biting" off of another game. How do you do that? There is only so much you can do with a basketball game. If you want to get all technical, I think that NHL did this first and that's an EA game. Or was it NBA Ballers, NBA 07 or something like that?? Who cares? The bottom line is that if 2K does something well and Elite does the same thing, they are smart. If one game sees success in a feature, the other had better implement it because gamers will expect it. Someone came up with Icon passing, could you imagine playing a game without it just become one game came up with it first? That's ridiculous.

Be happy that there is competition between the games and it brings us new innovations every year. Maybe one day both games will offer us the same gameplay prowess and we will all have two spectacular b ball games to play. Maybe that is this year. Maybe it's not. Both games are doing everything they can within their time constraints and budget to give gamers what they are asking for. Both games, not just 2K, not just EA, both games. They will never be the same game people or one would be unneccesary. I know first hand how good both games will be this year because I have visited both studios and played both games. We are all in store for a great year of hoops.

I just wish one of them was making a College game this year... GO TIGERS!!!