View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 06:20 AM   #39
Blak_Baki_Hanma
Rookie

OVR: 21
I appreciate Re and Steps staying involved...
BUT...
Last night (9-16-2010) during the final game of the WNBA Finals there was an NBA Elite commercial... and it had ABSOLUTELY NO GAME FOOTAGE WHATSOEVER... NONE... NO IN-GAME... NO CUTAWAYS... NOT EVEN ANY "FAKE" RENDERING.

THEY DID NOT SHOW THEIR PRODUCT DURING THE ADVERTISEMENT.

How should the consumer feel about EA's confidence in their own product when all they show is old reels of nba footage and NOTHING from the game being advertised?

I'm not sure how much more clearly you can say "we have nothing to show you" when you make a CONCIOUS EFFORT TO SHOW US NOTHING.

Truth is truth... we are already playing 2k11, becoming familiar with it and reenacting all the gameplay we've seen in their innumerable vids.

Re and Steps, you want our support (understandably cuz biz is biz)... but there just isn't any substance behind your pleas that would encourage us to take Elite seriously.
AND THAT'S NOT BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT TO... but because WE HAVE NOTHING TO GO ON.

That latest commercial (which did not show the game AT ALL) is the status quo for your business model and the core base knows it... that's why these cryptic blogs aren't given a very warm reception.

WE'RE TRYING OUR HARDEST TO GIVE ELITE A CHANCE... but in all honesty, I think we may be trying harder to like your product than you are giving us reason to (and that's a big problem).
It cannot be any clearer in regards to what we want to see, so when you choose not to give it to us... well...
You honestly can't say WE didn't try.

Cmon... (and this just an educated assumption but) if Elite was "lights out fantastic", you'd be ramming gamplay footage down our throats...

2k does.

So you really can't say "you can't win either way"... sure you can!! SHOW US THE GAME.
THE REAL GAME... IN ACTION.
Better yet, let us play it.

Seriously, that can't be too much to ask.
(Because you're really running out of shot clock with the base.)