Home

NBA Elite 11 Defensive Blog

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Defensive Blog within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Elite 11 Defensive Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
Broken record much? I agree with the message but I'm sure this new dev team have got that message.

OS used to be a cool place back in the day and now I hardly want to read some of the dribble that is posted.

Props to ReAnim and others for still coming here to post whilst the masses wait as I could easily understand if they didn't. The hype is obviously here otherwise you wouldn't have so many crying for the release of a demo and if the other EA demo's are anything to go buy, it should be worth the wait as they are a full demo experience. Assume the Elite demo will be the same.

People need to chill. Stop regurgitating the same thing over and over. Constructive critism is a way to get a good message across and no one should be able to do that until the demo drops. I'd say it does more harm to devs visiting this site and communicating with OS than the other way around. I'm just as big a critic of EA. Those who know me will know that. Less info doesn't mean this is 07 all over again. There's some good conversation going on but most threads derail into the same thing. Ugh.

Bring on the demo. I'm more than happy to wait until it's ready. It's unlikely I'll be purchasing this year due to issues like injuries and this being the first year, etc, but still looking forward to waiting and testing the demo out.

The reason why people are saying the same things is because people keep asking the same questions as to why folks are frustrated with what ea has done. My post wasn't directed toward the devs. It was directed toward the person i quoted. Also, you don't need to play a game to criticize things like graphics, animations, and commentary which is what most people are complaining about.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:52 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Broken record much? I agree with the message but I'm sure this new dev team have got that message.

OS used to be a cool place back in the day and now I hardly want to read some of the dribble that is posted.

Props to ReAnim and others for still coming here to post whilst the masses wait as I could easily understand if they didn't. The hype is obviously here otherwise you wouldn't have so many crying for the release of a demo and if the other EA demo's are anything to go buy, it should be worth the wait as they are a full demo experience. Assume the Elite demo will be the same.

People need to chill. Stop regurgitating the same thing over and over. Constructive critism is a way to get a good message across and no one should be able to do that until the demo drops. I'd say it does more harm to devs visiting this site and communicating with OS than the other way around. I'm just as big a critic of EA. Those who know me will know that. Less info doesn't mean this is 07 all over again. There's some good conversation going on but most threads derail into the same thing. Ugh.

Bring on the demo. I'm more than happy to wait until it's ready. It's unlikely I'll be purchasing this year due to issues like injuries and this being the first year, etc, but still looking forward to waiting and testing the demo out.
+1

And - why do people keep saying EA is "starting all over again"? Yes they made some changes (obviously) but this is not starting over...
Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 PM   #35
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Great post, donkey. Pretty much sums up how I feel about this forum lately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

at least it wasn't about offensive controls. Props on the blog. I hated how they kept throwing offensive controls in our face, "feel the controls, feel the controls, FEEL THE FREAKIN' CONTROLS"

Hoepfully, some defensive stops videos can be released.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:27 AM   #37
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Amen brother
Old 09-17-2010, 04:36 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 1
I understand where ReAnimator is coming from. However Im thinking maybe EA shouldve took 2ks route and released an "early build" waterdown teaser demo with fluid gameplay becuz it makes the consumer think "even tho the demo is waterdown its still a GOOD demo" now u cant wait to purchase the real copy becuz u kno its gone be "waaaay better" vs trying to release a "high quality" demo thats closer to the "final build"....The reason i say this is becuz when EA releases this "high quality" demo and "If" its not what fans expected, their unhappy with it EA is going to be losing alot of money becuz for a consumer/fan of the franchise what is there to look foward to (remember the demo is REAL close to the final build) and i kno fans aren't goin to be spending $60 to play an updated version of NBA JAMS u feel meh. So EA is really putting the pressure on themselves, they "GOTS TO" hit a homerun with this demo becuz fans are getting restless!!!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:20 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 21
I appreciate Re and Steps staying involved...
BUT...
Last night (9-16-2010) during the final game of the WNBA Finals there was an NBA Elite commercial... and it had ABSOLUTELY NO GAME FOOTAGE WHATSOEVER... NONE... NO IN-GAME... NO CUTAWAYS... NOT EVEN ANY "FAKE" RENDERING.

THEY DID NOT SHOW THEIR PRODUCT DURING THE ADVERTISEMENT.

How should the consumer feel about EA's confidence in their own product when all they show is old reels of nba footage and NOTHING from the game being advertised?

I'm not sure how much more clearly you can say "we have nothing to show you" when you make a CONCIOUS EFFORT TO SHOW US NOTHING.

Truth is truth... we are already playing 2k11, becoming familiar with it and reenacting all the gameplay we've seen in their innumerable vids.

Re and Steps, you want our support (understandably cuz biz is biz)... but there just isn't any substance behind your pleas that would encourage us to take Elite seriously.
AND THAT'S NOT BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT TO... but because WE HAVE NOTHING TO GO ON.

That latest commercial (which did not show the game AT ALL) is the status quo for your business model and the core base knows it... that's why these cryptic blogs aren't given a very warm reception.

WE'RE TRYING OUR HARDEST TO GIVE ELITE A CHANCE... but in all honesty, I think we may be trying harder to like your product than you are giving us reason to (and that's a big problem).
It cannot be any clearer in regards to what we want to see, so when you choose not to give it to us... well...
You honestly can't say WE didn't try.

Cmon... (and this just an educated assumption but) if Elite was "lights out fantastic", you'd be ramming gamplay footage down our throats...

2k does.

So you really can't say "you can't win either way"... sure you can!! SHOW US THE GAME.
THE REAL GAME... IN ACTION.
Better yet, let us play it.

Seriously, that can't be too much to ask.
(Because you're really running out of shot clock with the base.)
Old 09-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

LOL you can start complaining when the game is actually available and you are unable to try it first (but it's still better to borrow it, because the retail is never completely the same).

Silly complaints.

If you are impatient enough and you have to decide 3 weeks before, then you probably suffer in other aspects of life too. It always hurts us/you, impatience that is.

Last edited by Nephilim; 09-17-2010 at 07:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »