View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Kritter77
Pro

OVR: 10
Ratings Calculator!!! (download enclosed)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TKAM0TWM

In order to facilitate historic roster making, I decided to attempt to make a calculator using Excel to extract realistic ratings for this great game. I made a calculator for BATTING + BASERUNNING ratings, as well as one for FIELDING ratings. Pitcher ratings you can still get from Bahnzo's old Roster Tools program which is still on here...

I used some information from Bahnzo's Roster Tools explaination (basically what he used to get his ratings) as well as TripleThreat's explaination of his formulas to come up with formulas of mine that I feel are easier to understand, and come back with realistic ratings.

You can type in a players stats straight off of B-R.com right at the top of the spreadsheet, and for the most part it will filter down into the correct spots. Some of the fielding ratings are by position, and some (arm strength in particular) required a special formula. I took Bahnzo's advice of using Caught Stealing % for Catchers, and I used a modified formula for 1st Basemen that separates Assists (which I used to calculate the Arm Strength stat since I don't know the formula Bahnzo made up for each position, and I was trying to be somewhat simple) that had nothing to do with the players arm strength from the Assists that did, seems simple enough, right? Above that I basically used the league leaders from the time period I am interested in (1988-present) as a jumping off point. Feel free to change the columns marked "Leader" as needed...

I hope you all will check this out and give me an honest opinion. I look forward to seeing how this helps the community out, it's my little contribution, enjoy!

THE LINK IS FOR THE FINAL VERSION I AM GOING TO POST OF THIS PROGRAM, ITS THE ONE I AM GOING TO USE, SO YOU SHOULD AS WELL, I KNOW SOME OF THE RATINGS ARE LOW FOR YOU GUYS, SO FEEL FREE TO CHANGE THE HIGH STAT, OR THE FORMULA, ONCE YOU DOWNLOAD, ITS YOUR CALL!!! ENJOY!!!

Last edited by Kritter77; 03-15-2011 at 05:21 AM. Reason: FINAL update to Calculator!
Advertisements - Register to remove