View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #257
Seymour Scagnetti
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
No, you do not need to judge elevation when zoomed because the zoom takes you to a view of the landing area and whether you change clubs when Zoomed or not zoomed, the view will show you the changes in where the landing area will be.
That's doesn't make any sense. Let's put it a different way. Is the aiming feature the exact same as it was in the demo? If it is then we have our answer.

If I'm at the 7th hole at Pebble Beach and it's 150 yds. Normally I would need a 7 iron, for instance, but because the hole has a lower elevation a 9 iron would be enough. If I zoom onto the green with the 9 iron at 100% is it right at the flagstick or 20 to 30 yards before the hole which is appropriate because the trajectory of the shot allows me to use a shorter club.

It should show the 7 iron at the flagstick because your 7 iron distance is 150yds but in reality it's closer to your 9 iron distance because of the lower elevation and then you adjust accordingly. If it shows the 9 iron then the game has been dumbed down even more and it wasn't like this in the demo. DM if you aren't doing this adjustment then maybe that's you find it so difficult so far.

If EA actually changed it for the full game (which I doubt) then that's a bigger bonehead move then the caddie.