Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #257
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
No, you do not need to judge elevation when zoomed because the zoom takes you to a view of the landing area and whether you change clubs when Zoomed or not zoomed, the view will show you the changes in where the landing area will be.
That's doesn't make any sense. Let's put it a different way. Is the aiming feature the exact same as it was in the demo? If it is then we have our answer.

If I'm at the 7th hole at Pebble Beach and it's 150 yds. Normally I would need a 7 iron, for instance, but because the hole has a lower elevation a 9 iron would be enough. If I zoom onto the green with the 9 iron at 100% is it right at the flagstick or 20 to 30 yards before the hole which is appropriate because the trajectory of the shot allows me to use a shorter club.

It should show the 7 iron at the flagstick because your 7 iron distance is 150yds but in reality it's closer to your 9 iron distance because of the lower elevation and then you adjust accordingly. If it shows the 9 iron then the game has been dumbed down even more and it wasn't like this in the demo. DM if you aren't doing this adjustment then maybe that's you find it so difficult so far.

If EA actually changed it for the full game (which I doubt) then that's a bigger bonehead move then the caddie.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #258
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Well I went on to download TW11 demo and it is no longer available on PSN.

Guess I will pick up a copy if for some reason I find TW12 not challenging enough.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #259
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Sorry you don't like TW12. See ya next year....
I know you're trying to help people understand the game, but sometimes comments like this are hard to comprehend and lead to unnecessary replies.

Carry on with impressions.

Twitch Stream
Old 03-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #260
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
I know you're trying to help people understand the game, but sometimes comments like this are hard to comprehend and lead to unnecessary replies.

Carry on with impressions.
Fair enough. I will simply stay away from replying to users who don't like the game. Since the user I posted that to had stated he could not stand the game and was sticking with TW11, I did not see the harm, but so be it.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #261
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Fair enough. I will simply stay away from replying to users who don't like the game. Since the user I posted that to had stated he could not stand the game and was sticking with TW11, I did not see the harm, but so be it.
TW11 was crap..........I'm getting TW12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #262
Pro

Sorry for being old and senile..but after playing the demo more..i can live with it by disabling (the Idiot) but maybe i'm missing something..is there a way i can change clubs without zooming? I want to play without ever zooming..If i can at least do that i can play somewhat realistic. Too zoom out and see where my club will land about is killing me.Lord what did 2K do to the Links License!..ok sorry for that remark. :-)
Old 03-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #263
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
Sorry for being old and senile..but after playing the demo more..i can live with it by disabling (the Idiot) but maybe i'm missing something..is there a way i can change clubs without zooming? I want to play without ever zooming..If i can at least do that i can play somewhat realistic. Too zoom out and see where my club will land about is killing me.Lord what did 2K do to the Links License!..ok sorry for that remark. :-)
L2 and R2 bumpers for both 360 and PS3.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #264
Pro

sorry! thanks for the response..but on PS3 demo L2 and R2 do not seem to do anything when setting up for the shot..

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »