View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #118
yomatta
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

Hey guys, new around here and new to the game, just bought it 2 days ago. I haven't played a baseball game in probably about 10 years and am loving this game a ton. I went straight for "My Player" and made a starting pitcher and got a random "draft" to the Yanks so that's sweet.

Anyways, was hoping someone could lend some advice on basic gameplan/strategy for SP's? Basically what I'm planning is to play out the whole AA season and up Stam/Composure to 90+ along with the "vs Righties" stat to mid 80s. I'll hold off on vs. Lefties and leave it at 59 (so I don't get called up). Other than that the game plan is to get a couple pitches into the mid 80s overall rating (fastball & slider) and then to pool as many points as possible for dumping them into "vs Lefties" prior to being called up.

Does this sound like a solid strategy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated (seen a few strategy posts for hitters but not too much in the way of pitchers).

Also: is there a priority to the stat thoughts I've laid out above? (ie, def dump all points into stamina first before anything else?).

Thanks,

Matt