View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 12:35 AM   #53
The Visualizer
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: First NHL 12 Screenshot Revealed, What Differences Do You See?

3 thoughts:

#1) This is a pretty unimpressive screenshot to open the marketing campaign with. Why are there only 3 players on the ice? So the other 8 players and goalie are in the corner huh? Player models look unchanged. I know it's only 1 screenshot and it's purpose is to "cleverly" show off new features, but cmon guys you could have done better.

#2) The positive, Goalie collision detection will be a nice addition. If I had any hair left to pull out I would do it everytime I skate in on goal in NHL11 and barely clip the goalie with my skate and the puck flies off my stick into the corner. I have faith that it won't be overdone as the dev team has done a really good job of tuning everything in NHL11 except for body checking which is ridiculously overpowering.

#3) The negative. From the shot that mask doesn't look anything like Fleury's, so it more than likely means not only will authentic goalie masks not be in this year, but we cant even get knockoff versions for at least the starting goalies in the league. Don't give me that BS line you use every year about you can't put this "artwork" in the game. Real masks need to find their way into the game sometime this decade...