View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #12
2k10Fonzarelli
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: The 2K12 Layup/Dunk Package Thread

Those concerned will be happy to note that Both Howard and Kemp already have Signature Dunk packages(see : NBA 2K11). They could use a slight tweak here or there, especially Kemp.

Also, building on what SIZEqueen said, they should include multipul Generic Packages for players who prefer to dunk 2 handed or 1 handed, gather off 2 feet or 1 foot.

Boozer and K-Mart had some pretty serious dunks over their careers. Though both seem to be past their athletic primes, they still need a dunk package that does their style of dunking some justice.

I have a feeling that this thread should be re-titled The NBA 2k13 Lay-up/Dunk Package thread because its a little late to suggest additions to 2k12. I also feel that this type of discussion should remain independent of the Official wishlist for 2k13 as semantics like these are easily lost in the mess of other great ideas that appear in such a thread. For all we know, all this speculation will be realised by most in just over a week's time.

But, maybe we can get the attention of someone who has the game already. Ken North always seems to get his a week early, and he's very generous in releasing information prior to release. anyone know him or anyone else?

Mind you, I remember reading something a few years ago that mentions 2k's/VC's ability to add animations through an NBA today update.

...and now i realise the NBA lockout will prevent NBA today updates so perhaps the previous statement is irrelevant. Or perhaps i'm wrong entirely

Lastly, building on what Tmoney mentioned. Seeing windmill dunks in heavy traffic from anyone besides a young Vince also take a bit away from the realism for me too.
What will kill you about that is trying to understand why such a system WAS present in NBA 2k10 but absent in 2k11. Or perhaps, it was just the W Johnson Dunk package that didn't have that limiter on it

Before 2k10, a (now unfortunately banned) member had a thread dedicated to assigning realistic packages to players whose packages were a little too unrealistic in the context of total realism. Maybe it was that movement that prompted Visual Concept to implement such a system in 2k10.

I've always felt that while he was largely right, there should be a little room left for some excellent highlight moments as there's always potential for a 'video game' like dunk to appear on Sportscenter on any given night. But nothing along the lines of Windmills, 360's and pump reverses in heavy traffic, though that ability to do so should be made available for those who want it.

So, 2k/VC if your reading this, please re-implement this realistic dunk in traffic setting for users who use Sim settings if you haven't already done so. If thats not the case, maybe a slight tweak to Certain Dunk packages will acheive this effect

Last edited by 2k10Fonzarelli; 09-26-2011 at 11:51 PM.