View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #27
Ozil
Midfield Maestro

Ozil's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

This will be a very interesting season because for once, we've really invested in transitioning this team from Mourinho's team to Roman's team. I'm not really sure how we're going to do to be honest. A lot will depend on our defending and how quickly the new additions will adapt to the league.

I've been an Eden Hazard fan since I signed him in FM 09. He's definitely got the skill set to be great, but I think he will need time to adjust. Marko Marin will be a solid signing because he also cuts in and was dangerous going forward. Oscar I don't know too much about, but from all accounts, will only add to the team's creativity.

The key for me this season is Torres. Finally, he has the creativity in midfield that should be able to supply him with the necessary space and balls he needs to be effective. If he struggles again, he's going to be truly a bust. Mata was a solid start, but now he is truly out of excuses. If he plays like he did in his early Liverpool years, we will be a force.

Either way, I'm excited. It looks like we're finally transitioning out of the Mourinho era and into a new brand of football. I predict a top 4 finish, but we have building blocks for the future.