View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #32
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

Hazard wasn't that poor. His overlap created space for the counter that led to the first goal and his flick on to Torres was very skillfull. Ramires deserves credit for the nifty dribbling and vision but I think his pass was more luck.

The two players that were poor/non-existent for me were Mikel & Mata. Mata contributed little albeit we couldn't get him the ball. Mikel looked like AVB Mikel, a step slow, indecisive, poor first touch, and overall, not very confident. His inability to retain possession or contribute to the counter leads me to my next point:

We still have issues with retaining possession and getting into the counter. With Torres, Sturidge, Hazard, Marin, to an extent Mata, Cole, and Ramires we have a very quick (or the potential for) counter but we give the ball away to easily when transitioning from defense to offense. The top clubs (Citeh, United, even Arsenal with Song) can deliver that pass to get it going. For all his positives, Mikel cannot simply do it. We don't have that double-pivot who can distribute from the back and defend deeply while still providing an attacking presence going forward in support. Romeu isn't ready yet for that kind of responsibilty and tbh, may never be good enough to be anything more than a fringe player at Chelsea.

I am excited about the season though and still can't figure out what kit too buy. I lik the gold lettering in the 1st kit but I have a blue jersey already.