Old 10-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #135
Ken Griffery Jr.
Banned

Ken Griffery Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Realism is creating your own dude? If it was realistic, you'd be like "roll me a random dude with random abilities and I will try to make him into an NBA player."

I can understand the argument that people are getting 99 rated players and dominating people online... but the arm sleeve argument? That's ridic.
Good lord did you miss the point. *SMH*

MrBigShot1, and other people in this thread, understood exactly what I meant. Just because it's not "realistic" to create a human (virtual) being from scratch and craft them into an NBA superstar doesn't mean all other forms of realism associated with basketball can be thrown out the window. By that logic, what was the point of marketing that they included the new CBA? Or that historic teams are as accurate as possible? If we're going to go by the "Hey, the whole game isn't realistic" mentality, why not just replace Kareem on the '87 Lakers with the Yeti from NBA Street? It's because while you can get away with some unrealistic aspects, you must ground your game in some form of reality.

Even if your MP was earning 20,000 coins per year which, according to the example in my earlier post would be $20 million dollars, for him to pay the equivalent of $3 million dollars for an arm sleeve, sweater or whatever is outright ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove